Shannon Brooks

HoustonTXGopher

Reaction score
We all love Shannon and everything he has fought through to get back on the field, but he has to know when to quit fighting for that extra worthless inch and go down or get out of bounds.

I guess you have to take the good with the bad with Shannon's running style, but that fumble cost us points and momentum. I felt like that was a minimum of a nine point swing. The ball is the program and mistakes like that fumble are typically hard to overcome.

I noticed Shannon never came back into the game after his fumble.

I feel like this was the only unforgivable mistake of the game on our part and thankfully PSU made four to five key mistakes that were just too much to overcome.

On to Iowa!

He will be back. We LOVE Shannon and know he will contribute down the stretch.

Shannon did provide a key block on a blitzing linebacker that allowed the Bateman touchdown.

We all love Shannon and everything he has fought through to get back on the field, but he has to know when to quit fighting for that extra worthless inch and go down or get out of bounds.

I guess you have to take the good with the bad with Shannon's running style, but that fumble cost us points and momentum. I felt like that was a minimum of a nine point swing. The ball is the program and mistakes like that fumble are typically hard to overcome.

I feel like this was the only unforgivable mistake of the game on our part and thankfully PSU made four to five key mistakes that were just too much to overcome.

On to Iowa!

Seriously? Jesus. Let me guess, you broke up with your last girlfriend because her breasts were too firm.

Cancel culture.

Shannon's got NFL talent if he can fully recover from his injuries and get his mojo back.

On to Iowa!

I wouldn't say its an unforgivable mistake, not by a long shot. Brooks has been great and averaged more yds per carry than Smith or Ibrahim. If there was a pattern of fumbling, I might agree with HoutonTxGopher.

I’ll be the dissenter here. I don’t think he looks like the same back he used to be. Just my opinion.

I’ll be the dissenter here. I don’t think he looks like the same back he used to be. Just my opinion.

I agree, he doesn't have that burst he use to have.
The fumble was costly, but not an unforgivable mistake. No different than Tyler Johnson's fumble except that PSU didn't recover that one.

I was thinking he had just a bit of a fumbling problem in his career, but my research shows otherwise. Anyway, got to hang on to the ball in that situation.

I agree, he doesn't have that burst he use to have.
The fumble was costly, but not an unforgivable mistake. No different than Tyler Johnson's fumble except that PSU didn't recover that one.

Agree

I like Brooks...runs hard as looks for contact...i don't think you want a rb who immediately falls to the ground at contact...turnovers suck but he needs to keep running his style and wearing down defenses

This seemed like a pretty standard fumble (ball got directly hit by defender 2 while defender 1 was hitting him). It happens to everyone.

Shannon did have a nice block on Bateman's TD and has been a great teammate. He'll make more good ones than bad ones.

This seemed like a pretty standard fumble (ball got directly hit by defender 2 while defender 1 was hitting him). It happens to everyone.

Shannon did have a nice block on Bateman's TD and has been a great teammate. He'll make more good ones than bad ones.
Agree. Watching the replay I went in thinking he was careless..but he had it high and tight and even had his second hand across the body.

Don’t fumble, but it happens. Glad to have 3 backs instead of 2.

This may be true. However, I remember thinking the same about RS1 at the start of the season. Shannon is just getting his legs back like Rodney was then. That ‘burst’ could be back as soon as in Iowa City. Would love for SB4 to finish his career here the way it should finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. We need him down this tough stretch and we still won the overall TO battle 3-1.

It's been barely a year since Shannon went down with whatever the injury was.

It was a bad fumble, but it's not a trend yet.
I figured PJ wouldn't put him back in yesterday, but that's as much about having two other good options as well.

He'll be back at Iowa with 10+ carries.

He did not come back into the game because he fumbled. We have other guys to fill in. I see him being a big contributor next week. He has something to prove now. Wants to make up for that miscue.

Just listened to the replay of the game. Shannon played great prior to the fumble, particularly early in the game. Glad he's back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shannon should never, ever stop fighting for extra yardage

Shannon will continue to get better. It was unfortunate on that run as I think he could have ran straight ahead and picked up more on that run.

Shannon did provide a key block on a blitzing linebacker that allowed the Bateman touchdown.

This. That was an incredible block that allowed that whole play and there were more. He had a very nice run off right tackle in the red zone headed west that I'm not sure the other backs would have made. Live and learn.

Definitely should have been a delay of game on PSU's final TD. No matter.

Top Bottom