#7 Coaches Poll

I understand that it helps the Gophers if they beat Iowa, but how is that team still ranked? Talk about not beating anybody.

I'm really puzzled how the pollsters keep ranking Oregon and Utah so high. Oklahoma too. None have any signature wins and all but Oregon lost to unranked teams. They put all three ahead of Penn State who has two good Top 25 wins and a close loss to the current #7 on the road (Minnesota). It makes no sense.

I'm really puzzled how the pollsters keep ranking Oregon and Utah so high. Oklahoma too. None have any signature wins and all but Oregon lost to unranked teams. They put all three ahead of Penn State who has two good Top 25 wins and a close loss to the current #7 on the road (Minnesota). It makes no sense.

Oregon is particularly puzzling because their best win was a close one against a team that was just barely ranked and now isn't. If not playing anyone hurts us it should hurt them more. If you take out the game they lost their schedule is easier than ours. They must be getting credit for losing to Auburn which isn't fair. Is losing to Auburn really better than not playing them?

7! Wow! Nice!

Indiana is good...watched a few games and been impressed.

Mods, please merge into the Week 11 rankings thread.

I understand that it helps the Gophers if they beat Iowa, but how is that team still ranked? Talk about not beating anybody.

They lost to 3 top 15 teams close.
They beat Iowa state who is a 2 point conversion away from being a top 25 team.
They are probably in the 16-40 range. Who else do you want to rank?

I'm more puzzled why MN is below a couple of these one loss teams.

Not going to lose sleep over it.

Look how far PSU drops by losing to us.
That's sad.

This is usually when I wake up from the dream.

I'm more puzzled why MN is below a couple of these one loss teams.

Not going to lose sleep over it.

Look how far PSU drops by losing to us.
That's sad.

One voter has penn state tenth.
Wisconsin 14th and Minnesota 15th

This is why polls are dumb.
We need a 12 team playoff for 10 conference champs and 2 at larges.
The only thing that isn’t subjective is final scores.
So let’s let people settle it on the field.

That’s what I would like.
People wouldn’t like it because App State doesn’t deserve the playoff.
Except they just beat the team that Georgia lost to.
Meanwhile Georgia is 4th

Top Bottom