Brock Walker

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
Had no idea Minnesota used a new kicker. Couldn’t hear the PA most of the game, but nice job, Brock.

He came up big (My grand father's sister tutored Bronco Nagurski)

Had no idea Minnesota used a new kicker. Couldn’t hear the PA most of the game, but nice job, Brock.

Anybody know why we made the switch?

Speculation is fine too, but I'm really more interested in if anyone actually heard definite reason(s).

Fleck said Lantz wasn't feeling well (or something to that effect).

Press conference PJ said the incumbent was nursing an injury and the new guy has been great in practice. But the injury gave him the opportunity.

Don't get injured as Zach Annexstad and Michael Lantz has found out. It could be awhile before you get your starting job back. Next best man up.

In Section 143, we could not hear/clap/sing the Rouser very well in the 2nd half but we could tell when to belt out M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A and as usual, we did! It was loud and wild.

I noticed Walker was kicking but I have no idea why PJ used him.

Walker wasn’t kicking off. Just like Lantz doesn’t.

Genuinely appreciate the correction. Sorry Brock! Completely forgot Grant was doing the kickoffs this year

Last edited:

Lantz apparently had "leg tightness." But the way Fleck talked on the radio today about Walker earning the chance to do this again sometime, I'd say he may have been winning the job in practice anyway. Guess we'll see.

Can Walker replace Ryerse on kickoffs? Out of bounds to start game and not a single touchback. Penn State kicker was consistently kicking for touchbacks so it wasn't the wind.

He was 4/4 on the PAT's and nailed the FG. Those 7 points turned out to be critical. With the consistent upgrading of talent on this team I believe we will develop improved special teams . This unit overall has been average.

Top Bottom