You've gotta be kidding me....more National disrespect towards Gophers

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
First off - Sorry about the clickbait thread title!

For those that will spend the next week scouring the internet for signs of local and national disrespect towards the Gophers rest assured that if you look for it you will find it.

But who gives a crap what person A or person B says about the team, it is all just white noise. I get it, what is happening right now is new to all of us save the old timers that actually remember the last time the Gophers were relevant on a National level.

The reality is this: On November 10th we are sitting at 9-0, have a 2 game lead in the West with 3 to play, and the Rose Bowl is very much in play as a post season destination for us. The rest of it.....CFP ranking....AP and coaches polls.....none of that really matters at this point, it is just filler. Don't get me wrong, I want to see the Gophers ranked as high as possible in all of them but I am not going to let it bug me if there is a team ahead of us with a worse resume. The only polls that matter are the ones released at the end of the season, keep winning and it will all take care of itself.

No matter what happens from here on out this has been the greatest season for this program since the 60s and we are not done yet. 3 very winnable games left in the regular season, a very good shot of playing in Indy for the Big Ten title, and a really nice bowl destination are all on the table.

And above and beyond all of that, the future is very very bright. We just dropped 31 points on one of the best defenses in the country. A defense that came into the game giving up less then 10 points a game on the season. And the vast majority of that offense will be back again next season.

We are in some rarified air right now....enjoy the ride....I guarantee yesterday's result opened a lot of eyes around the country...now let's go out and finish what we started. Row the Boat, Ski U Mah, GO GOPHERS!

There are always those situations.

Just win one game at a time.

Our current disrespect is primairly the result of 50+ years of self inflicted harm. Winning is the only cure!

Can’t anyone just enjoy our success?
Why spend your time finding and worrying about those that are “disrespecting” us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying the success but also enjoy calling out the biases.

Can’t anyone just enjoy our success?
Why spend your time finding and worrying about those that are “disrespecting” us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are. This is part of the journey as a CFB fan and one we haven’t gotten a chance to do in a long time. I don’t think anyone is legit mad and we all know that if the wins keep coming it will all work out.

I’m also a quant guy and shake my head at a few of the models out there...

Top Bottom