Fleck For Something Bigger Than Himself

watertown 1987 guy n

Reaction score
Seems Fleck the dragon slayer slowly but surely puts to rest the arguments of the negative wannabes. I could list several of those “issues” here that have been their arguments over the last few years but the important point is they are running out of reasonable excuses not to support Fleck 100%. The last issue will die hard, its one of those issues that is subjective and has little basis of fact - they just feel it so “it must be so”. I saw it yesterday on this board after the game and realize it would take an eternity to convert those that believe it, even though there is no sound or logical reason behind it.

What am i talking about? Its this perception by some that Fleck is in it for himself. Even though his players have all bought in to the idea of community, unselfishness n playing for the love of the other, (players all must be idiots if they believe), his contributions to the community (i ask what have you done for the community misguided ones?) and most notably and most recent - his signing of a WELL deserved contract last week. Fleck is very intentional about what he does and while we all hoped MN would win Saturday I think Fleck knew In his bones MN would win Saturday.

So what did Fleck do Prior to the game to put the spotlight on the team and their success Saturday rather than himself- he signed a 7-year contract extension w big buyout. He could have very easily waited for the end of the season to evaluate big time offers “if it was all about him”! but he didn’t. He signed the contract knowing that if he didn’t the media would hammer the issue of his leaving post game so much so that it would overshadow the win, the culture he takes great pride in, and the value of this win on the UofM and MN community. That my friends is a person that thinks of more than just himself. i for one thank Fleck for his unselfishness - no doubt in my mind his signing the contract was intensional - and what it did is it gave a great gift to us all to enjoy the game “The Win” unencumbered by any negativity dreamed up by the media. So you doubters are all free to take your belief to the grave even if the facts don’t support it.

"he's all about himself" is not a valid criticism now and has never been a valid criticism. People point to Row The Boat as evidence about him being about himself but it's the opposite. Row The Boat is all about Colt Fleck, not PJ Fleck. I bet most people outside Minnesota who think PJ is all about himself don't even know about Colt and how RTB started.

Excellent post! Some people can’t handle success or confident people and that’s just a fact. Their minds are too small. It’s a big world out there. Never stop learning [emoji1].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent post this program needed a change someone that can relate to today’s youth and PJ appears to be that person. Count me all in on the PJ bandwagon after retaking the axe and taking the program places I have not witnessed in my 54 years on this planet.

Seems Fleck the dragon slayer slowly but surely puts to rest the arguments of the negative wannabes. I could list several of those “issues” here that have been their arguments over the last few years but the important point is they are running out of reasonable excuses not to support Fleck 100%. The last issue will die hard, its one of those issues that is subjective and has little basis of fact - they just feel it so “it must be so”. <b>I saw it yesterday on this board after the game and realize it would take an eternity to convert those that believe it, </b>even though there is no sound or logical reason behind it.

I think it is sad that those that want “respect” so badly have to look so hard for “disrespect”. The bolded above is nonsense. I spent as much time on this board as anyone after the game yesterday and there was literally ONE poster who fits your bolded statement. Is that the bar - you are looking for 100% agreement? That doesn’t happen for anything in life. I did, however, see a couple posts complaining about what the media “will likely say” today. Not what was said, what MIGHT be said.

It be great if the “can’t you just enjoy it” crowd could practice what they preach - but I wouldn’t expect that 100% of the time either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wants to build a dynasty here in Minnesota. That is all I need to know. The rest is icing.

Top Bottom