Utah #7
MINNESOTA #8
PissySU #9
Michigan #14
Wisconsin #15
Indiana #22

Iowa - nowhere to be found!

https://es.pn/2K3jHVu

We have some real good company being in the top 10. We will no longer be living under the radar.

If schedule matters, no way we should be behind Utah and probably Oregon as well. Every Utah victory thus far is over a team with at least 4 loses and they lost to a team with four losses. That’s Illinois equivalents. Speaking of bogus non conference schedules, check out Baylor - SFA, UTSA, Rice - combined 4-22.

If schedule matters, no way we should be behind Utah and probably Oregon as well. Every Utah victory thus far is over a team with at least 4 loses and they lost to a team with four losses. That’s Illinois equivalents. Speaking of bogus non conference schedules, check out Baylor - SFA, UTSA, Rice - combined 4-22.

The Utah and Oregon love is mind boggling. It's as if beating SC, Washington, and Stanford are still meaningful!

Warning!!!!

This is POWER RANKING! Not the actual poll.

Ie it’s espn trash.

Minnesota is a sleeping giant that many pundits will take not that seriously until they win all out the remaining games against Iowa, NW, and Wisc.

Okay, I get it. Minnesota is unfamiliar territory and have to build a resume. If they do, they better not put the 1 loss teams ahead.

We need to be more focused about the next game. Iowa came from behind at Camp Randall yesterday to tie Wisconsin. They went for a 2-Point Conversion and didn't get it. The Gophers have not won a game at Kinnick since 1999 when Glen Mason was coaching MN. I'd expect them to be super pumped up to knock off the Gophers.

One game at a time. The next three games are all going to be fraught with a danger of an upset. This is Big Ten Football!

Last edited:

We above those teams as long as we take care of our business, so don’t worry about it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Gophers should be a lock for at least top 6...

Can anyone make a solid case as to why Utah, Baylor, or Oregon need to be above MN at this point? anyone???

I think Finebaum has it right:

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1193516742850568192

Just to answer your question. We have a very limited ability to get to the passer with our four man rush. It is a real and important weakness that a top ten team does not usually have.

I think the Gophers should be a lock for at least top 6...

Can anyone make a solid case as to why Utah, Baylor, or Oregon need to be above MN at this point? anyone???

I think Finebaum has it right:

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1193516742850568192

Can you make a case for Clemson to be ranked ahead of UMn? Best win is vs 6-3 TAM. No other team they've beaten has more than 5 wins, not including Wofford, lol. Not going to look up how many wins frigging Wofford has.

Minnesota is a sleeping giant that many pundits will take not that seriously until they win all out the remaining games against Iowa, NW, and Wisc.

Okay, I get it. Minnesota is unfamiliar territory and have to build a resume. If they do, they better not put the 1 loss teams ahead.

We need to be more focused about the next game. Iowa came from behind at Camp Randall yesterday to tie Wisconsin. They went for a 2-Point Conversion and didn't get it. The Gophers have not won a game at Kinnick since 1999 when Glen Mason was coaching MN. I'd expect them to be super pumped up to knock off the Gophers.

One game at a time. The next three games are all going to be fraught with a danger of an upset. This is Big Ten Football!

This (bold). Not to be a buzz kill to all of this excitement, but Iowa nearly knocked off Penn State earlier in the year, and came within 2 of Wisconsin at Camp Randall. This coming Iowa game is a must-win game for a team that wants to be a true power. Not only that, a loss puts UW in position to take the division from the Gophers at the end. As excited as I am about the team, the truth is that the division isn't even won, yet. A win AT Iowa and another AT Northwestern would seal it. But I think Iowa at Kinnick is nearly as good as PSU at TCF, and I'm not sure that makes me feel confident about our chances of sealing the division before the Axe game.

Probably not that cool to play the "who have they played?" card since we have been hearing it for two weeks and we knew it was BS.

Amazing.

That win gave this team legitimacy...

We could lose out the rest of the year but this program being in the "red headed step child pushover" era is over. We've "arrived" in the sense that we're going to be competitive year in and year out.

Give Fleck another extension which doesn't leave "outs"...The U needs to do EVERYTHING it can to not let him leave in the years ahead.

Couldn't have hired a better coach then Fleck.

We might even be ranked in the pre-season rankings next year!!!

I really hope Indiana gets ranked this week. I’m a Minnesota alum in a IU family and this is finally our year!

It’s also not impossible for these two to meet in Indy. I posed that unlikely scenario a few weeks ago and so far everything required to happen has.

Rankings

Regarding our ranking next year, we graduate our entire defensive front seven. If we have replacements that are "just as good", why have none broken into the starting seven? No, we have a huge job to do on D when this year is over.

Last edited:

The Gophers may be looking with keen eyes at the transfer portal. We've got , Drew-Treadway, St. Juste and Chris Williamson (before portal) in Defense as transfers. Did I miss anyone?

This is a great opportunity for players from P5 schools. Minnesota I'd say may/will be a hot destination. Look at what the seven 4-Star/5-Star transfers did to Illinois. They are now bowl eligible after they beat MSU 37-34(?) in the largest come from behind victory in their history.

Last edited:

Regarding our ranking next year, we graduate our entire defensive front seven. If we have replacements that are "just as good", why have none broken into the starting seven? No, we have a huge job to do on D when this year is over.

I agree, but they like their Freshman who they are trying to redshirt as well.

I don't think we have a CC45 replacement which will be tough.

After week 11, we sitting pretty at #8

LSU #1
OSU #2
Clemson #3
Alabama #4
Georgia#5
Oregon #6
Utah #7
MINNESOTA #8
PissySU #9
Michigan #14
Wisconsin #15
Indiana #22

Iowa - nowhere to be found!

https://es.pn/2K3jHVu

Why is Alabama ranked so high? They've beat something like one team with a winning record. Pure BS how ESPN pimps for the SEC. Georgia lost to South Carolina, at home. Who has Oregon, who lost to a pretty average Auburn team, beat? There's no way they should be ranked ahead of us.

Why is Alabama ranked so high? They've beat something like one team with a winning record. Pure BS how ESPN pimps for the SEC. Georgia lost to South Carolina, at home. Who has Oregon, who lost to a pretty average Auburn team, beat? There's no way they should be ranked ahead of us.

Alabama best win is a 6 win team.
Clemson's best win is a 6 win team.

Georgia has a top 10 win over Florida who is a 2 loss team.
Oregon's best win is USC who is 6-4.

Our 2nd best win is against Illinois who is 6-4.

Alabama best win is a 6 win team.
Clemson's best win is a 6 win team.

Georgia has a top 10 win over Florida who is a 2 loss team.
Oregon's best win is USC who is 6-4.

Our 2nd best win is against Illinois who is 6-4.

Lot of weak schedules out there. The Playoff Committee better start doing some homework before it gets too late in the season.

Top Bottom