Minnesota Fans Not Happy With Brady Quinn’s Postgame Comments

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Alek:

Minnesota pulled off one of the most-impactful upsets of the season taking down No. 4 Penn State on Saturday. The Golden Gophers got their first signature win and as a result, are starting to get some well deserved respect.

But not all are sold on PJ Fleck’s squad. In fact, Fox Sports analyst Brady Quinn doesn’t think Minnesota is deserving of a top 10 ranking.

“I’m not sure they’ll even jump into the top 10,” Quinn said on Saturday. “I’m gonna be honest with you – It’s those wins on the road that really get them there. They’re going to have to play on the road … If they beat Iowa, that’s where you see them take that next big leap. They’ll definitely jump up from 17 … but Top-10 after this? I’m not sure.”

Quinn believes Minnesota’s win over Penn State on Saturday won’t matter as much because it was a home game for the Golden Gophers. He goes on to say that if they were to beat Iowa on the road next Saturday, they’d be deserving of a top 10 ranking.

It’s certainly an interesting argument. But most college fans, and especially Minnesota fans, would have to disagree. Minnesota dominated Penn State despite the final score’s close margin.

https://thespun.com/big-ten/minnesota/minnesota-fans-not-happy-with-brady-quinns-postgame-comments

Go Gophers!!

Quinn could be right, but then again Sean Clifford thought he knew how to fire up the Nittany Lions.

We just have to beat Iowa next week.

Row the Boat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I hope its just a headline, and Gophers fans arent actually upset with those comments.

Quinn = Dink Central

Remind me what Notre Dame is ranked again?

At this point I would rather the Gophers stay disrespected by the media/Polls etc. Keep 'em hungry.

It's a effing circus right now.

No good wins was the reason for #17.

Well, there are only 4-5 teams who beat a top 10 team now.

LSU beat #2 Bama
Minnesota beat #4-5 PSU
Auburn beat Oregon who is top 10
SC beat Georgia.

So those are good wins, but they don't matter now.
Road wins matter... okay.

If we had a loss or two I would get it, but we're still talking about an unbeaten team.

Cognitive dissonance. For some people, this will take a while

LSU beat #2 Bama
Minnesota beat #4-5 PSU
SC beat Georgia.

If we had a loss or two I would get it, but we're still talking about an unbeaten team.

It’s just one dude’s take and he isn’t in the committee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst undefeated team in America will play in the Iowa championship game next weekend.

One game at a time. You certainly don't want to overlook any of the teams remaining on the schedule as they will all be gunning for the Gophers. The Gophers earned every single victory. All I care about are the Ws.

LSU beat #2 Bama
Minnesota beat #4-5 PSU
SC beat Georgia.

The logic that is being used to approach the Gophers right now is baffling. And the run around we get from critics is bewildering. People seem to be fabricating new excuses why we don’t deserve higher rankings and more respect, the goal posts keep shifting after every win we rack up. I say F them all. Let’s stay underdogs, let’s stay disrespected, we play better that way.

He's not wrong though...i mean the winning on the road stuff is dumb but we probably will barely be top 10...not his fault it's the systems fault

Problem is that unlike Alabama we don't have a quality loss....

LOL...the disrespect is palpable. My initial response is defensiveness as a fan, but like others have said, who cares? Win out and control your own destiny. Maybe it'll continue motivating the team. But honestly, it's laughable at this point:

Weak non-conference schedule (who are all having nice seasons)
Only played backup QBs (Gophers knocked out two of those starters)
Haven't beaten anybody...best win is Illinois (who beat Wisconsin and has won 4 in a row)
Beat PSU, but it was at home (Although we lauded PSU's big win over Michigan at home)

At this point I would rather the Gophers stay disrespected by the media/Polls etc. Keep 'em hungry.

Right on. I'd just as soon they drop into the 20s and the team comes out like Charles Jefferson in Fast Times next week.

the worst undefeated team in America at the end of the year will most likely be national champions, so who cares

The problem with the way they are ranking us, if we lose one anywhere, they'll drop us from contention completely.

Other teams who have beat a Top 5 team would be entrenched in the top 4 at this point with the ability to lose a game and still maybe be in.

There's a total lack of respect if we aren't top 4 this week and we won't be.

LSU beat #2 Bama
Minnesota beat #4-5 PSU
SC beat Georgia.

We will see what the committee does.
I tend to agree.

Over the years of the committee they have been so inconsistent with what they value. This tells me it is almost all eye test and then they pick the metrics to focus on that week that agree with their eye test perceptions

Bill at the bar thinks we should be rated #1. Their opinions are about equally meaningless.

His opinions are about as meaningful as his NFL career.

Is Purdue significantly worse than Louisville? Notre Dame was ranked as high as 8th and Clemson as high as 1st. Their most impressive road win is against Louisville. How does that work? A win against the number 4 team in the country at home isn't significant but a road win against a slightly above average team is significantly better than a road win against a slightly below average team?

It's so bad that even BAYLOR and UTAH are getting more respect for the same/less output than MN.

I like the disrespect at this point. Keep it coming. At the end of the day, 13-0 is a playoff lock and 12-1 is a rose bowl lock.

11-2 probably a rose bowl lock too but no worse than orange bowl.

He is right. We should move up to n#12 We win next week and we belong in that #8 area. We will show our our stuff at Iowa.

Top Bottom