Minnesota fans respond to Penn State QB's '(Expletive) their damn boat' pep talk

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chris:

The Minnesota Golden Gopher football team is 9-0 for the first time since 1904, but naturally, Penn State had other ideas coming into the game. With the fourth-ranked Nittany Lions looking to put an end to the Gophers' magnificent start to the season, Penn State quarterback Sean Clifford took the role of pregame motivator during his speech in the tunnel.

After claiming that the Gophers' sellout crowd at TCF Bank Stadium came to see the Nittany Lions, Clifford took aim at P.J. Fleck's mantra "Row the Boat," by telling his entire team to "F*** their damn boat!"

One can't blame Clifford for his sense of imagery before the game, but one can about the sophomore's performance against the Gopher defense. Clifford went 23-of-43 for 340 yards and a touchdown, but also had three interceptions including the game-sealing interception by Jordan Howden that gave Minnesota a 31-26 victory.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...-state-qbs-expletive-their-damn-boat-pep-talk

Go Gophers!!

Apparently, Clifford is a jackass. His comments about the boat are understandable, but thinking everyone was there to see him is just laughable. Honestly, I sensed some arrogance from Franklin too, in the pre-game interview on Gameday. They took the Gophers lightly, and paid for it.

The people around me at the game repeatedly said something like "I'm sure glad Penn State's QB is crappy"!

Why should we care? On to Iowa.

What struck me when I saw this was, could you even begin to imagine Tanner trying to pump up the Gophers by trashing the other team? Maybe I'm being naive, but I sure can't.

Apparently, Clifford is a jackass. His comments about the boat are understandable, but thinking everyone was there to see him is just laughable. Honestly, I sensed some arrogance from Franklin too, in the pre-game interview on Gameday. They took the Gophers lightly, and paid for it.

Part of me hopes the pollsters snub the Gophers at least somewhat again to help keep them under the radar.

per Chris:

The Minnesota Golden Gopher football team is 9-0 for the first time since 1904, but naturally, Penn State had other ideas coming into the game. With the fourth-ranked Nittany Lions looking to put an end to the Gophers' magnificent start to the season, Penn State quarterback Sean Clifford took the role of pregame motivator during his speech in the tunnel.

After claiming that the Gophers' sellout crowd at TCF Bank Stadium came to see the Nittany Lions, Clifford took aim at P.J. Fleck's mantra "Row the Boat," by telling his entire team to "F*** their damn boat!"

One can't blame Clifford for his sense of imagery before the game, but one can about the sophomore's performance against the Gopher defense. Clifford went 23-of-43 for 340 yards and a touchdown, but also had three interceptions including the game-sealing interception by Jordan Howden that gave Minnesota a 31-26 victory.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...-state-qbs-expletive-their-damn-boat-pep-talk

Go Gophers!!

Lol. And lol at his fake macho “storming out of the injury tent like a man on a mission” skit

They got swept into their condescending ways by the "They haven't played anyone" frenzy.

Why would anyone need to respond to that other than our team on the field?

Thankfully, Clifford couldn't hit the broad side of our boat on his last throw.

Thankfully, Clifford couldn't hit the broad side of our boat on his last throw.

Bahahaha! Love all the boat puns.

Edit: actually the problem is he threw it right into our boat!

tweet of penn st Sean Clifford

Did you all catch the tweet where sean clifford is saying that this will be a packed house and everyone is here to see us and not them. And then went on to say 'F*CK their boat" .
Real class...especially for a penn state knowing there were Gopher Fans sitting right there. Not once did I hear a Jerry Sandusky jab on Saturday from the Gopher fans.

To see it, just google sean cliffford f*ck their boat tweet.

Did you all catch the tweet where sean clifford is saying that this will be a packed house and everyone is here to see us and not them. And then went on to say 'F*CK their boat" .
Real class...especially for a penn state knowing there were Gopher Fans sitting right there. Not once did I hear a Jerry Sandusky jab on Saturday from the Gopher fans.

To see it, just google sean cliffford f*ck their boat tweet.

Let me start this by saying that Clifford is annoying. That whole mean mug thing he did when he got out of the tent was actually funny. It might have been funny to me because I knew the outcome before I watched the game back, but that isn't something you would see Brady, Brees, or Rodgers do. When you are tough, you don't have to act tough.

I also think it was a really stupid way to try to motivate your team. You should embrace that it's a big moment and recognize how good your opponent is.

That said, it didn't bother me at all. He looked immature.

THey're here for us

Ahh, no, I was there to watch them beat you. Like I am most saturdays for the past 8 years vs whoever they play

Things were probably starting to go to his head. He needed an ass kicking and got one.

I actually hunted down the video of his post game press conference. He took the blame for the loss, but I still didn’t get good vibes from him.

He’s a good athlete, but his accuracy isn’t very good. He’s not as good as he thinks he is.

Things were probably starting to go to his head. He needed an ass kicking and got one.

I actually hunted down the video of his post game press conference. He took the blame for the loss, but I still didn’t get good vibes from him.

He’s a good athlete, but his accuracy isn’t very good. He’s not as good as he thinks he is.

He lost the game, but first he lost the mind game.

Bahahaha! Love all the boat puns.

Edit: actually the problem is he threw it right into our boat!

1517 people went down when the Titanic sank in 1912 in the North Atlantic
121 Penn State players went down when Sean Clifford threw 3 interceptions in 2019 -- 2 of which led to Minnesota touchdowns and a third at 1:01 remaining in the game ensuring Minnesota's win at TCF Stadium in Minneapolis.

Last edited:

A history of domination allows arrogant people to say stupid things.

Top Bottom