Chip: There's no denying it now, Gophers football program is 100% legit

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chip:

Remove the asterisk. Stop talking about an inferior schedule. Nobody can dismiss the Gophers’ historic season with “yeah but …” slights anymore.

Not now. No sir. Not after what took place on an unforgettable Saturday afternoon in Dinkytown.

The Gophers proved without any shred of doubt that they are 100% legit. P.J. Fleck’s program officially has arrived.

Pushed to the final seconds, with 51,000 fans screaming despite baseball-sized lumps in their throat, the Gophers did something decidedly un-Gophers like. They didn’t crumble. They seized the moment. A moment that will be remembered for decades.

Jordan Howden’s interception in the end zone with 99 seconds left sealed the program’s biggest win in a half century, 31-26 over No. 4 Penn State to send TCF Bank Stadium into a field-storming house party.

Go crazy, Gophers fans. Enjoy this moment, this team. Dream big.

http://www.startribune.com/there-s-...hers-football-program-is-100-legit/564712061/

Go Gophers!!

Chips Column

I know Bleed will post it as I don't know how to, but Chip just posted his column on the game and it's fantastic!!!! I know some on here refuse to give the Trib clicks, but CHip has always been fair, loves college football and outdid himself on this piece.

Ha ha. Late to the dance. You're the best Bleed.

Chip (and the rest of the Twin Cities sports media):

"Okay, I get it now."

Better late (really, really late) than never.

Not fair to Chip. The rest, maybe, though I think Megan and Andy have been more than fair this year.

Top Bottom