Cunningham: There’s no debate now: The Gophers are for real

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Danny:

I’ve been proven wrong. This team is for real. They’re not the fraudulent unbeaten with a weak schedule I thought they were. They validated that on Saturday afternoon with the 31-26 win against previously unbeaten and No. 4 Penn State.

This type of win is what it took for me – and others – to buy into what this team is capable of. Finding a way to win the Big Ten as a whole still looks to be a tall task, the Gophers right now look like they are no worse than the second-best team in this conference, behind only the team most believe to be the best in the country, Ohio State.

If the Gophers find themselves facing the Buckeyes down the line in Indianapolis, a different conversation would need to be had, but as for right now, there’s no reason to think that Minnesota can’t finish the regular season 12-0, Big Ten West Champions, and at worst setting a date with a Pac-12 team out in Pasadena for the first time in a few generations.

The win against Penn State made a believer out of me, now it’s up to this team to not let the best opportunity that this program has had in sometime slip away. There were always three games that were going to define this season for the Gophers. Beating Penn State was the toughest task of the three, but wining at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa for the first time since 1999 would only further the reason for believing in this team, and give fans more ammunition to keep dreaming about what could be. Beat Wisconsin the final week of the regular season to keep the Axe for consecutive seasons for the first time since 1993 and 1994, well, then the dream becomes real.

This team might just be special, and if you haven’t thought so yet, it finally is OK to believe.

https://www.skornorth.com/gophers-2/2019/11/theres-no-debate-now-the-gophers-are-for-real/

Go Gophers!!

per Danny:

I’ve been proven wrong. This team is for real. They’re not the fraudulent unbeaten with a weak schedule I thought they were. They validated that on Saturday afternoon with the 31-26 win against previously unbeaten and No. 4 Penn State.

This type of win is what it took for me – and others – to buy into what this team is capable of. Finding a way to win the Big Ten as a whole still looks to be a tall task, the Gophers right now look like they are no worse than the second-best team in this conference, behind only the team most believe to be the best in the country, Ohio State.

If the Gophers find themselves facing the Buckeyes down the line in Indianapolis, a different conversation would need to be had, but as for right now, there’s no reason to think that Minnesota can’t finish the regular season 12-0, Big Ten West Champions, and at worst setting a date with a Pac-12 team out in Pasadena for the first time in a few generations.

The win against Penn State made a believer out of me, now it’s up to this team to not let the best opportunity that this program has had in sometime slip away. There were always three games that were going to define this season for the Gophers. Beating Penn State was the toughest task of the three, but wining at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa for the first time since 1999 would only further the reason for believing in this team, and give fans more ammunition to keep dreaming about what could be. Beat Wisconsin the final week of the regular season to keep the Axe for consecutive seasons for the first time since 1993 and 1994, well, then the dream becomes real.

This team might just be special, and if you haven’t thought so yet, it finally is OK to believe.

https://www.skornorth.com/gophers-2/2019/11/theres-no-debate-now-the-gophers-are-for-real/

Go Gophers!!

Bandwagon time! Alllllllll aboard!

Ha! There are many people jumping on the bandwagon and that's great but they are awfully late for what has been a very fun season for Gopher fans. It's like jumping on a ride at Valley Fair that is 3/4 over with or going to one of my college parties at the U of M at 2 am!!!

People are starting to believe and that's a very good thing!!

Ha! There are many people jumping on the bandwagon and that's great but they are awfully late for what has been a very fun season for Gopher fans. It's like jumping on a ride at Valley Fair that is 3/4 over with or going to one of my college parties at the U of M at 2 am!!!

Really good point, and a great post.

I can't help but wonder what the "I'll believe it when I see it" folks are thinking now. Or how about the, "Let's just slow our roll" gang.

Hey... there are still thrills ahead! Jump on the ride! Better late than never, kids.

One at a time.

Iowa is next, on the road.

It's the next "Biggest game," and it's that because we won this one.

Kids & staff deserve all the credit in the world. Just keep it going.

When the young ladies from the office at my work are suddenly in maroon and gold and on social media posting up at the game, something has DEFINITELY started to catch fire with these Gophers in the general public.

Really good point, and a great post.

I can't help but wonder what the "I'll believe it when I see it" folks are thinking now. Or how about the, "Let's just slow our roll" gang.

Hey... there are still thrills ahead! Jump on the ride! Better late than never, kids.

I’m also wondering how miserable are all of the PJ haters now? Do they actually like the Gophers enough to be happy with today’s results? Are any of them on the bandwagon now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m also wondering how miserable are all of the PJ haters now? Do they actually like the Gophers enough to be happy with today’s results? Are any of them on the bandwagon now?

Jump on haters, there is plenty of room. All past sins are forgiven. Amnesty has been declared following the good will of this game.

Just look at Meatsauce's twitter timeline. I imagine that's the universal transition.

Who cares? I don't. Welcome aboard, plenty of room.

Nope

It’s been a wonderful day!
What does everyone think the local media will do now that the Gophers delivered in lieu of losing? Seems like they (media) were getting people set up for the “I told you so” narrative. Honestly could care less but will be interesting to see given the uncharted territory. In other words, where do they go from here given the negative response narrative has blown up?

Top Bottom