***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA VS MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Need someone to take over on O

Ft shooting is killing us

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Marcus Carr can't shoot. He's basically a less out of control Isaiah Washington.

Need this one. Sounds weird to say 2nd game but the B1G sucks this year.

Ugh this team can not get to the rim at all. We look lost when we can't knock down a 3.

Ugly second half.... Demir is very weak with the ball. He has had two three bunnies where he has missed or gotten it grabbed away.

Rather take my chances with hurt ..demir no hops and slower feet than hurt..Carr ok but not cognizant of is poor outside shooting...Willis a streak shooter...Gabe needs space

Not a betting man, but hard for me to see this team winning more than probably 16 games this year.

Pitino poor in state recruiting...showing out here...

Live by the the three. Die by the three. Poor last ten minutes of shooting.

Thought this was a 6-7 wins in conference team. Nothing I seen in this game changed that.

Year 7 of the Pitino era and this isn’t a vey good team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of over-reaction in this thread.

2nd game of the season. We returned only 2 of our top 8(?) players from last year. Difficult non-conference schedule this year, hardest one in my recollection. If you expected the Gophers wouldn't take some bumps to start the season, your expectations were not realistic.

How about we let the team play more than 2 games before writing the season off.

2nd game of the season. We returned only 2 of our top 8(?) players from last year. Difficult non-conference schedule this year, hardest one in my recollection. If you expected the Gophers wouldn't take some bumps to start the season, your expectations were not realistic.

Especially against a team that would be top 5 in the B1G per Kenpom and is borderline top 25.

Curious if it’s an overreaction when you thought the Gophers wouldn’t be very good and nothing today changed that?

Especially against a team that would be top 5 in the B1G per Kenpom and is borderline top 25.

Pay for Kenpom so you can understand how that is calculated over a period of time until there are enough games this year. Oklahoma is not in anyone's top 40.

Pay for Kenpom so you can understand how that is calculated over a period of time until there are enough games this year. Oklahoma is not in anyone's top 40.

Wow, okay. I guess someone wanted to be aggressive today. I understand how kenpom is calculated and how it changes over time. Thanks, though.

Hard to see us winning at Butler or Utah or OSU. Hard to see us overcoming a 6-4 non-conference record. Really needed this one.

Hard to see us winning at Butler or Utah or OSU. Hard to see us overcoming a 6-4 non-conference record. Really needed this one.

We can win each of those with better defense and better shot selection.

Curious if it’s an overreaction when you thought the Gophers wouldn’t be very good and nothing today changed that?

Or maybe I think it's an over-reaction because it's the 2nd game of the season with an entirely new roster?

Or maybe I think it's an over-reaction because it's the 2nd game of the season with an entirely new roster?

Not true. Two starters and a handful of guys who practiced every day that were recruited to win. This game does not discourage me. We leave knowing that if we give up 45 points or more in a half we will lose nearly every time. Time to fix it.

Has anyone heard any news on the status of Isaiah Ihnen?

I'm wondering because I think the Gophers really need another functional player in the rotation.

There were times against Oklahoma when the Gophs had 2 or more "non-scorers" on the floor. (Hurt, Omersa and Demir, to name a few). When that happened, the offense just ground to a halt.

I really think they need another person who is at least some type of scoring threat to create spacing. Otherwise, teams will double Oturu all season to take him out of games, and he will wind up like today - sitting at the top of the key and throwing up 3-pointers with the shot clock running down.

Patience fellas. It’s game two against a solid opponent. We planned on Curry being a factor...we need to find our solution to his absence. Demir is overwhelmed...he has to adjust and provide more.

Ihnen is the key. We need him to blossom. That’s also going to take time once he returns. He has scoring potential. He can elevate his teammates.

Nights we can’t shoot will be ugly.

These guys have played two games together. The tough opponents will absolutely accelerate our growth. We were not tested versus Cleveland State. Most years we would we would be 12 and 1 and have no idea what we actually needed to fix. Coaches may know but the players gotta experience it to take ownership. This year will be a bumpy pre season but we’ll be a better. team come January.

Patience. Pitino now has his teams ear. They are kids. They were going to never lose. They’ll improve this pre season. Patience. Going to take some time. There is hope there. Need Ihnen.

Not true. Two starters and a handful of guys who practiced every day that were recruited to win. This game does not discourage me. We leave knowing that if we give up 45 points or more in a half we will lose nearly every time. Time to fix it.

Two starters returning, and none of our reserves that played significant minutes. Practice =/= real game experience.

Agreed.

Things I liked:
1. First half defense. This needs to be our identity and I expect us to play like this most games.
2. I love our guards. All 4 will only get better throughout the year.
3. This team likes each other and works hard.

Areas of expected growth
1. Shooting- I think our poor shooting tonight was an anomaly.
2. Shot selection

Young teams need to learn lessons about themselves. Tonight I'm hoping this group learned that defending the way they'd did in the second half will not allow them to be successful. I'd rather they learn it sooner than later. This team will only get better.i still think we end up with more wins than last years team.

Top Bottom