What grade would you give the Gophers defense in win over PSU?

• A

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • B

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • C

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

A. Kind of like a 100 question test. 1 wrong isn't a B. Sure a couple spots perhaps where we could have done better. Worthy of a A though.

I don’t know who is giving A’s but definitely not an A. We got shredded on defense.

Gave up a lot of quick strikes but when it came down to it they forced 3 TO and stopped them in the RZ a couple times

Bend but don’t break solid B

B-/C+

Forced some turnovers but never really felt like they could get a stop and I was VERY nervous at the end. PSU particularly Clifford and his WRs made several unforced errors. We had to win a track meet and we did. They clearly mad e a decision to try and keep Clifford contained so he had some time back there. We need Martin back for the rest of the campaign.

Renner had a very nice game. The D-line not so much. Secondary really Good.

B. I think we really missed having Martin. I don’t think Brown gets those huge runs with Martin in.

It felt like we were always a step late when getting pressure into the backfield for almost the entire game. The couple times we did manage to get back there it did create some havoc but just didn't seem to do it enough to be a game changer. With regards to 2nd and 3rd and longs it always felt like they were able to sneak out someone who would make a circus catch to keep the drive alive but otherwise it was a solid effort.

I gave our D a “B+” because we gave up too many big plays and too many yards! Wasn’t for all the goal line stops and INTs, I’d give our D a “C-“

A+, stopped them when we had to. Penn State is a team that will be in a spot to win every game near the end against anyone. What more do you people giving out B's and C's want? They came in with the pressure on them and everyone knew they would score and make plays. Our D won the game when it needed a play in that end when they are very good.

Top Bottom