What grade would you give the Gophers offense in win over PSU?

• A

Votes: 60 87.0%
  • B

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• F

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

460 yards and 31 points against a top 5 defense in the country gets an A from me.

Can't be anything less than an A given the outcome, the opponent, the stakes. Epic win!

Looks like I’m too tough. But when you need to get a few first downs to win the game and end up going backwards, coupled with a conservative second half, I gave a B.

They shredded one of the best defenses in the country. The only knock was they had a chance to run the clock out at the end of the game and failed to do so

A in the first half. C in the 2nd. But I have to say A overall because we hung 31 on an elite defense.

Holy crap. I was at the game today and knew that Morgan, Bateman, TJ and CAB had a good day, but I didn't realize until now that Tanner only had two incomplete passes for the day. What a testament to a great pass and catching performance. Holy cow!!!!!

Tanner Morgan to Bateman was open all day. There was a period where we went into a shell and let psu back in, but it’s an easy A.

The only team that could stop MN today was MN. A+

Honest question, if we don’t stop ourselves is there anyone in the Big Ten that can stop our offense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No A+++ category? That was the best performance by a Gopher QB probably in forever, going back to 1851. And how about Bateman-- 203 yards, are you kidding me?

All against an outstanding, top 10 team. Unbelievable (at start of season), believable now.

Honest question, if we don’t stop ourselves is there anyone in the Big Ten that can stop our offense?

Well OHIO STATE looks able to stop the Cleveland Browns at this point. This is an excellent Gophers team but I don't think they can beat OSU. Can they score, yes, but not enough to win that matchup.

I reserve the right to reconsider if our beloved Gophers win out vs. NW, Iowa, and wisconsin.

Last edited:

That’s a really good question. This offense is incredibly dangerous. Absolutely astounding how they shut down PSU’s pass rush and carved up their secondary. The run game was serviceable against a really good NFL future line and LB crew.

IMO could absolutely move the ball on OSU but it would be a track meet on both sides...but this is a special season so have to figure that into it ;)

I’d be very worried if I were an Iowa or Sconnie fan. They aren’t built to score points and I don’t think they can stop us.

It’s a pick your poison case at this point. Play to stop the pass and Rodney and company run over you, play to stop the run and Morgan and the WR’s kill you. Loving it!

Top Bottom