What grade would you give the Gophers coaching staff in win over PSU?

• a

Votes: 70 88.6%
  • B

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • C

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

A. No doubt. Was confused by 4Q play calling, but it worked. Team was incredibly well prepared for the game and the moment. Well done PJ and Staff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A. Biggest W in decades and we will move into the top 10 ! There were only a few series especially in the 4th quarter where we had conservative play calling . It was incredible how wide open our receivers were and Tanner took advantage .

They played with fire going into a shell the second half and particularly at the end but the magic continues. The team found a way to win. The offensive game plan early on was stellar - they had no answer for our pass attack. They kept the QB clean. The defense did just enough vs a really good offense and we weren’t going to shut them down anyway. Has to be an A. This close to A+

A. No doubt. Was confused by 4Q play calling, but it worked. Team was incredibly well prepared for the game and the moment. Well done PJ and Staff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep this

B+
We tightened up a bit in the 2nd half when we could have put Penn State away.
That, however, does not take away from one of the greatest team victories in 50 years.

Outcoached Franklin. First time I felt like we totally outcoached someone in this regime.

B+. Good enough to beat the #4/5 team in the country but too slow to adapt on defense and too conservative on offense late in the game.

Any time you upset a top 5 team, you get an "A."

Still wish someone would've covered #87, though .....

B+. Good enough to beat the #4/5 team in the country but too slow to adapt on defense and too conservative on offense late in the game.

This is where I have to give them some slack. This was the biggest game any of these coaches have ever coached in. They haven't run into this situation year in and year out with a "legitimate" chance at victory. Really was their first experience in this setting. Once again I will add, with a legitimate chance at beating a top team in the nation. Have to go A.

This is where I have to give them some slack. This was the biggest game any of these coaches have ever coached in. They haven't run into this situation year in and year out with a "legitimate" chance at victory. Really was their first experience in this setting. Once again I will add, with a legitimate chance at beating a top team in the nation. Have to go A.

Have to agree here. They deserve an uppercase A.

I have been watching/ following the Gophers since Wacker. This is easily the best coached Gopher team I have watched. They never beat themselves.

Sure is nice to have a coaching staff that believes in their players and let’s them play to win. We did get a little conservative later in the game, but they did open it back up.

For way too long, we have had staffs that were afraid to make mistakes and got in the way of letting them play. This staff expect the kids to make plays and gives them the opportunity to do it. Very refreshing and it is a change of mindset that allows us compete with the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only two things I didn’t like was Brooks’ fumble and the loss of 4 on the smith outside handoff.
But I can’t really critique the offensive play calling when they put up 31 on a top 15 defense

A-

We seemed to have the perfect plan in place to deal with a very good PSU defense. Only blemishes for me were not noticing that no one came off the field when we subbed on a receiver for the 12 men penalty, and whatever the heck we did with our last offensive possession.

I gave an A.

We are always well-coached.

How about that flee-flicker debut, huh? I was like WHAT?! Good thing the receiver caught it, if it was a flop, then that play wouldn’t had been as great.

Outcoached Franklin. First time I felt like we totally outcoached someone in this regime.

This. It has been hard and frustrating more than a few times to watch winnable games slip away because of getting out coached. Not yesterday. Fleck & Co have definitely stepped up starting with the Illinois game.

Top Bottom