Who is your Gophers MVP in the massive win over Penn State?

• Tanner Morgan

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Rashod Bateman

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Tyler Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antoine Winfield Jr

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Jordan Howden

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Boy that’s a tough one. I went TM2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has to be Winfield. Turnovers were the difference against an offense we weren't great at stopping today. What a player.

So tough because everyone of those players were crucial, some how I went against a guy with 203 yards rec but I went Winfield because that 1st INT really set the tone for the entire game

Morgan. Honorary runner up to James Franklin for going for two.

Bateman. Over 200 yards receiving? All for first downs or touchdowns?

I'm gonna take the whole team for $2,000 Alex!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Morgan and Bateman will be Co B1G Offensive Players of the week. Winfield will be Defensive Player of the Week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tanner Morgan is a C+ QB skill wise who completed 18 of 20 passes in the biggest game of the year. He is such a good game manager! But, I voted for Winfield because we just could not have stood up to PSU without him. But, there were three really outstanding performances out there for us.

Winfield. Two picks and a load of tackles. Bateman or Morgan would be #2.

We outcoached and outplayed them. Both TM2 and AWJr are correct answers for MVPs

So tough because everyone of those players were crucial, some how I went against a guy with 203 yards rec but I went Winfield because that 1st INT really set the tone for the entire game

This, except I don't think it was really that tough a decision.

If I have to pick one; it's RASHOD. What a memorable performance.

Last edited:

If I have to pick one; it's ROSHAD. What a memorable performance.

He had an incredible game no doubt. But TM had to get him those balls. He was so efficient. Even the two misses weren’t bad passes. One was right to CAB7 who couldn’t quite haul it in and the other one he got demolished on.

What’s the behind scenes story on unveiling a new kicker at 8 and O?
Obviously, it went just fine...but curious...has to be a reason?
His efficiency was obviously a factor at calming the troops.

A lot of candidates but I’ll go with the pass protectors. It’s easy to say Morgan or Bateman but those guys did so great because there was a surprising amount of time to throw.

Someone was posting this week about how much better Tanner was statistically with a clean pocket (like most QBs). Our big boys delivered that all day against a fierce pass rush.

Tough one because can't really go wrong with Winfield, Morgan or Bateman as all were amazing yesterday.

My vote went to Winfield though. Those 2 first half INTs were huge, especially the one on the opening drive. Set the tone early and gave the offense a chance to score first.

Obviously, voting for Morgan makes perfect sense as well because he was once again awesome, but for me it was Winfield.

I voted Morgan but its just about a 3-way tie, Morgan, Bateman and Winfield. Johnson and Howden made great plays too, but not quite as many.

Top Bottom