This video is Epic!

...Did he come anywhere close to answering the question?

I absolutely LOVED the point he made about raising expectations.

Just read GopherHole; these people are Minnesota's biggest fans, and yet so many of us here appear to be terrified of high expectations.

During the past offseason, the biggest arguments right here on GopherHolewere about expectations. There are diehard Gopher fans who get really jumpy and even upset when anyone says that the expectations for this program should be very, very high... no matter the history over the last 50 years.

Establishing a winning attitude and sky-high expectations here at Minnesota is quite an accomplishment. A defeatist attitude has been deeply ingrained over a long period of time. What Fleck is doing right now is very, very impressive. He has a lot to overcome.

Loved how he called out the media in such a beautiful, artful way!!! It was Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely LOVED the point he made about raising expectations.

Just read GopherHole; these people are Minnesota's biggest fans, and yet so many of us here appear to be terrified of high expectations.

During the past offseason, the biggest arguments right here on GopherHolewere about expectations. There are diehard Gopher fans who get really jumpy and even upset when anyone says that the expectations for this program should be very, very high... no matter the history over the last 50 years.

Establishing a winning attitude and sky-high expectations here at Minnesota is quite an accomplishment. A defeatist attitude has been deeply ingrained over a long period of time. What Fleck is doing right now is very, very impressive. He has a lot to overcome.

It’s pretty interesting isn’t it? Maybe it will change some day soon.

Minnesota (mpls, St. Paul) is the 16th biggest metro area / media market in the country. With a sports media that isn’t worthy of Fargo. It’s pathetic.

I love PJs response here.

Congrats to the Gophers. And, this is why he is a joke and I can’t support him. Always about him.

Congrats to the Gophers. And, this is why he is a joke and I can’t support him. Always about him.

tenor.gif

It is hard not to love PJ Fleck and how he handles the media, the players and the fans. Watched the videos, ran through a wall and then typed this post.

Troll Ozzy this week:

PJU exposes - PSU crushes the Gophers.

Yep, and we squeaked by I-AA, a bad Fresno team, GA Southern, Purdue...

The Gophers haven’t beaten anyone that is any good. Can’t deny that.

Penn State will bring a ton so should be fine. Just think of WI though - will probably be outnumbered after losing 2 of 3 going into that one

PSU - 42 PJU - 17

Ozzy is such a troll. And a he is not a smart football mind.

PJ said something on Skor North last week that I've never heard a coach say before. I've been meaning to post it here, but haven't had time to transcribe it. It gives context to what he says in part 2 above starting at :50.

Zulgad asked about keeping the team focused amongst the success and hype. PJ started with discussing how they celebrate wins together, then:

"We talk about the outside noises. We bring it into our culture. We dissect it, and then we spit it back out from our culture's perspective, because you cannot ignore what's happening. I think if you ignore what's happening - I only get the kids two hours a day. After they leave us, they will listen to the other 22 hours of what people are telling them if you're not celebrating the moment, if you're not educating them about what to do next - if your culture's not strong enough to absorb all of it and spit it back out the way you want them to handle it."

That's smart. Most coaches seem to either ignore it and hope for the best or try to minimize it by telling the kids it doesn't or shouldn't matter. PJ uses it.

In one of the finest examples of Minnesota passive-aggressive that I've ever seen. PJ just called the Twin Cities media a bunch of pr1cks.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

PJ said something on Skor North last week that I've never heard a coach say before. I've been meaning to post it here, but haven't had time to transcribe it. It gives context to what he says in part 2 above starting at :50.

Zulgad asked about keeping the team focused amongst the success and hype. PJ started with discussing how they celebrate wins together, then:

"We talk about the outside noises. We bring it into our culture. We dissect it, and then we spit it back out from our culture's perspective, because you cannot ignore what's happening. I think if you ignore what's happening - I only get the kids two hours a day. After they leave us, they will listen to the other 22 hours of what people are telling them if you're not celebrating the moment, if you're not educating them about what to do next - if your culture's not strong enough to absorb all of it and spit it back out the way you want them to handle it."

That's smart. Most coaches seem to either ignore it and hope for the best or try to minimize it by telling the kids it doesn't or shouldn't matter. PJ uses it.

This is great, thanks for posting it.

Go Gophers!!

In one of the finest examples of Minnesota passive-aggressive that I've ever seen. PJ just called the Twin Cities media a bunch of pr1cks.

LOL. The first thing I thought of after watching it was “he is now a true Minnesotan”.

Yes, he did. And if ever a group of individuals deserved it, it would be them.

The schtick grows old.

I’m sorry this is happening to you. Thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

You are one of the biggest losers on this website. You are the epitome of no expectations. Take a hike, please.

Now, now ... it's hard for some people to see the Gophers win ...

I believe the question was "Did YOU ever envision something like this ..."

Hard to answer that question without talking about yourself and what you thought about coming into the job.

But people who got invested in hating a hire early aren't going to change their mind, even in the face of success . . .

"confirmation bias" won't let them; more important to protect their egos. Humility - admitting "I was wrong" - is just a bridge too far.

The funny thing is ... no one cares about their opinion of themself except themself.

I disagree. I think PJ was sincere. Minnesota is different, being in a big city is different and PJ is embracing the media scrutiny. I don't think he has a passive aggressive bone in his body.

It was Epic, it was more than well deserved, and it was Awesome!

The Twin Cities sports media are irrelevant. Who cares about them?

They can do their schtick, and the rest of us can simply enjoy this moment.

PJ does a good job of taking the outside noise and twisting it into a positive.

He called them out in such a creative way, that by the end of his speech, I had to question whether or not he was calling them out. Pretty good tactic

I remember in his opening press conference when he got here that he "needed the media to help sell this program" or something along those lines.

Glad he figured out that it won't happen, and found success in spite of it.

Last edited:

You have got to be kidding us....

It is amazing how some can read whatever that want to see into anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does that mean he is now one of us?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom