Next Week's Gopher Ranking on the CBS

i can't imagine a two loss team outranking gophers. so 8 sounds about right.

This is what I posted in a different thread.

We "might" get to 8 or 9, but you know how it goes, SEC team A loses to SEC team B and the talk is all about wow Team B is better than we thought. In every other conference, it's oh, Team A maybe wasn't as good as we thought. Of course every SEC team plays ranked teams because their whole league is ranked at the beginning of every season whether it's deserved or not....

Gophers won't get to the Top 5 unless they make it to the B1G Championship undefeated. Really, who cares, just keep winning and worry about ourselves and the recognition will come.

I'm going to guess 7-8 range.

The Gophers should take their rightful spot above Alabama.

I don't care if we move up the 15th.....just keep playing and winning

Just as long as we continue to be the worst undefeated team I’ll be happy.

It will be really interesting. Our resume is better than Alabama if they lose today.

Urban Mayer, Matt leinhart, and that Norte Dame QB all think gophers should live somewhere between 9-12.

We should move ahead of k st, Norte Dame, Baylor, Michigan, and Wisconsin, and penn st. Barring upsets I doubt we move up that much though.

When we beat #1 Ohio State in Indianapolis...

... will we crack the Top 5?

We will rank lower than expected. I’m seeing all 1 and 2 loss SEC and Big Ten teams above us outranking us

I don't care if we move up the 15th.....just keep playing and winning

Yeah, it really doesn't matter because they would play themselves into the playoffs if they did happen to win the rest of their games. One game at a time.

It's going to be interesting how it all shakes out. Committee kind of painted themselves into a corner. Penn State has comparable best wins with Georgia, Oregon, Utah and Oklahoma. Combine that with their one loss which is WAAAYYYYYYY better than any of the other teams listed losses. How can they putt Penn State clearly below all of the those teams AND lower than Florida, who has 2 losses and comparable wins? I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they keep PSU above us at like 10 or something. I bet we end up 12

We will rank lower than expected. I’m seeing all 1 and 2 loss SEC and Big Ten teams above us outranking us

There's no excuse for Wisconsin being ranked ahead of us now. Their great win is Michigan who lost to PSU. And the loss to Illinois is pathetic.

Probably around 10 but they are still judging us off the first 3 wins, this team has improved so much since then.

If LSU continues to blowout Alabama do you rank the Gophers ahead of Alabama? I do. Lose at home by 20 and you’re dropping big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As seen on Twitter:

Minnesota's best win is against a team that lost to Minnesota.

It will be a tough story.

We might have the highest 1-week jump in history of the CFP.

The more Alabama loses to LSU by, the better. If they win or make it close, they both will stay up there probably.

We'll still be behind NCIS and Young Sheldon.

In the CFP, we'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm guessing 9...Ohio st, lsu, clemson, alabama, georgia, oregon, utah, penn st ahead of us

Edit: forgot Oklahoma and baylor...will be tough to crack top 10 i think

Top Bottom