Next Week's Gopher Ranking on the CBS

What argument does Utah or Oregon have for being ahead of us? I think Baylor is more deserving than those 2 teams to be ahead of us.Then if CBS wants to say we were ranked 17th because we played no one, who has Clemson played that is better? How about Alabama? Only good team they played they lost to, I will forever hate this flawed system

Last edited:

Blind resume time -- Here are 5 teams who were in the top 10 last week:

A: Lost to a 4-5 (could be 4-6 shortly) team at home

B: Has not played a team who currently has fewer than 4 losses, and lost to one of them.

c: Has not beaten a team who currently has fewer than 4 losses

D. Lost to a team that is currently 6-3

E: Lost to Minnesota

There is no reason any of them should be ranked in front of us, until you look at who they are and are subsequently awed by the names: Georgia, Utah, Oregon, Oklahoma and Penn State

By this point, we should also be ranked in front of all the two loss teams. Baylor should be the new "Hasn't played anybody", since every single one of their wins all have at least three losses. On paper we should be ranked about 5th, especially if you apply the same "Need a great win" criteria that held us back last week over to everyone else.

B: Has not played a team who currently has fewer than 4 losses, and lost to one of them.

There is no reason any of them should be ranked in front of us, until you look at who they are and are subsequently awed by the names: Georgia, Utah, Oregon, Oklahoma and Penn State

By this point, we should also be ranked in front of all the two loss teams. Baylor should be the new "Hasn't played anybody", since every single one of their wins all have at least three losses. On paper we should be ranked about 5th, especially if you apply the same "Need a great win" criteria that held us back last week over to everyone else.

Yeah, but... you know... SEC, and whatnot.

Utah is the most puzzling one to me.

If we end up still ranked behind Wisconsin and Penn State, I will officially give zero ****s ever about these CFP rankings. I mean being #17 this week was stupid enough, but now if we don’t crack the top 10....final straw for me. Just when I thought the BCS rankings sucked ass...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom