What Was it Like at the Stadium?

The upper deck was a bouncing. Playing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" during the post game celebration was cool. We started making our way out of the stadium after the Rouser was played one final time over the PA.

Remember remember the 9th of November

" Our Fans were unbelievable today. That's the best Football environment I ever played in as a head football coach."

P.J. Fleck 11/19/2019
Thanks PJ. Glad I was a part of it!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

It seemed really loud. I was in the lower deck and there was plenty of times that I couldbt hear anything.

Best crowd I’ve ever been a part of. Best football experience of my life. If seen some great games in person, but the students were the ones that really took this game experience to the next level.

They never let up, which made the rest of the crowd not let up. I don’t think we sat for one play in 114.

The women behind us started crying after Howden’s pick, which made me tear up.

It was one big group hug.

And it was US. Minnesota Gopher fans. It was happening to US.

Best crowd I’ve ever been a part of. Best football experience of my life. If seen some great games in person, but the students were the ones that really took this game experience to the next level.

They never let up, which made the rest of the crowd not let up. I don’t think we sat for one play in 114.

That is how I would sum it up. A big group hug.

It was a blast. Student section was fantastic, and the rest of the crowd held up its end. Very few no-shows.

Was watching from Florida.

Thrilled for my folks, who were there; proud of the rest of you, too - you really did your part to bring it home.

:)

In all my years going to Gopher Football games, I've never witnessed the crowd noise I witnessed today. EVERYONE yelling on every down when Penn St had the ball. Group hugs all around and of course tears of joys.

This team is for real.

I was watching on tv. I almost turned the game off. Gophers (and for me Jets and Blue Bombers) don't win these games. It feels good to win.

In all my years going to Gopher Football games, I've never witnessed the crowd noise I witnessed today. EVERYONE yelling on every down when Penn St had the ball. Group hugs all around and of course tears of joys.

This team is for real.

WHY NOT US!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Just got home after a long drive. That was the most electric I’ve ever seen the stadium. Just incredible. Our section in the upper deck near the students stood the entire game. So much fun!

Echoing what others have said, it was the best atmosphere for any Gopher game I've ever been to and it wasn't close.

I have been to a lot of big non-Gopher football games. OSU vs. Michigan, handful of SEC games, Penn State vs. Ohio State a couple of years ago. During those games, I always had a moment where I stopped and thought "it's too bad we can never have this". I was wrong. We had it today. It was incredible.

I wasn’t there today, but...

We’ve had season tickets since my undergrad days at the U (mid-‘80s). We had long ago planned a trip to Florida for this week, so we gave our tix to our daughter and son-in-law. It pained us to have to miss the game, but they had a great time, and said the atmosphere was amazing.

While my wife and I were eating dinner in Key Largo, FL tonight, and wearing Gophers shirts, a guy from another table yelled over to us, “Row the Boat, y’all!”

In Sec 203, up with the Penn State fans and their band. We stood the whole game. The domination by our team never gave them the chance to really get going. Any time their band tried to play, the 20 foot high speaker on the side of the big scoreboard drowned them out. I was hugging and high five-i ng any Gopher fan around me that I could find! Just an absolute perfect day!

Echoing what others have said, it was the best atmosphere for any Gopher game I've ever been to and it wasn't close.

I have been to a lot of big non-Gopher football games. OSU vs. Michigan, handful of SEC games, Penn State vs. Ohio State a couple of years ago. During those games, I always had a moment where I stopped and thought "it's too bad we can never have this". I was wrong. We had it today. It was incredible.

This. Times a million. Someone pinch me because I must be dreaming.

From the student section-unbelievable. I was second row behind the band. Pure energy from start to finish. Easily the most electric sporting event I’ve ever been a part of. A few times I was worried I was going to pass out from yelling so much. Almost died storming the field, but made it on safe and sound. Huge shoutout to everyone in general seating for staying on their feet the whole game. And way more maroon than I expected.

There’s going to be plenty of more big games in our future, but this might just be a once-in-a-lifetime atmosphere. It felt like 50 years of frustration being let out with that last interception

By far the best game day experience in the history of TCF bank stadium and it isn't even close. There have been other sold out games with a lot of electricity but they were either against Iowa/Wisky/Nebraska meaning a lot of the seats were filled with fans for the other team or they were against non-conference teams like USC or TCU and didn't really have any importance in the grand scheme of things. I'm home now, with a sore throat and tired feet from screaming and standing the whole game. It was ELITE!!

Even on the walk back to the car, I was joking that I expected my alarm to go off and I would wake up realizing the game really hadn't even started. It was all like a dream in the best possible way.

Crowd was on par with the Air Force and TCU games, the only 3 games in TCF history that were completely 100% packed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4a94efd6bba96f42ec756e4bb3696cfc.jpg

From the student section-unbelievable. I was second row behind the band. Pure energy from start to finish. Easily the most electric sporting event I’ve ever been a part of. A few times I was worried I was going to pass out from yelling so much. Almost died storming the field, but made it on safe and sound. Huge shoutout to everyone in general seating for staying on their feet the whole game. And way more maroon than I expected.

There’s going to be plenty of more big games in our future, but this might just be a once-in-a-lifetime atmosphere. It felt like 50 years of frustration being let out with that last interception

That last sentence, that should be a headline of an article. Totally true

Loud and boisterous. First game in a long time that I stood most of the game.

In Sec 203, up with the Penn State fans and their band. We stood the whole game. The domination by our team never gave them the chance to really get going. Any time their band tried to play, the 20 foot high speaker on the side of the big scoreboard drowned them out. I was hugging and high five-i ng any Gopher fan around me that I could find! Just an absolute perfect day!

We sit directly diagonal from you, and I honestly had no idea there was a PSU band.

Stood the entire game, great music between plays, 95% Minnesota fans, awesome weather, just an amazing game to be a part of.

Oh one other thing....we were SO loud when we spelled MINNESOTA. Bet you downtown heard us! It was so moving, everytime we spelled that!

Last edited:

I can now say I've stormed the field at TCF!

jumped that wall and dont even remember hitting the turf, I may have been floating.

Maybe it was the whiskey.

Top Bottom