Can we give Tanner Morgan credit for managing a hell of a game?

johnnybb

Reaction score
That Game Manager of the Year award is getting closer and closer. I think he might have even thrown the ball 40 yards. Gotta tip your cap at least.

Tanner Morgan may well be the best QB in my 37 years of being a Gopher fan. Dude is efficient and accurate. This is the kind of QB play I have dreamed of for the Gophers.

Tanner Morgan may well be the best QB in my 37 years of being a Gopher fan. Dude is efficient and accurate. This is the kind of QB play I have dreamed of for the Gophers.

He is just flat out a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanner is very solid! Most times he looks woobly just walking but he continues to perform at an elite level!

That Game Manager of the Year award is getting closer and closer. I think he might have even thrown the ball 40 yards. Gotta tip your cap at least.

Yes indeed - he just knows how to find a way to win and he learns from mistakes. I wouldn't take a 5 star QB over him right now - he is the man you give the keys to and say go get it done....

The receivers that we have would make a mediocre quarterback look good.

So it’s a really great thing that our quarterback is damn good anyway.

He can elevate his level of play in big moments. That’s the most important trait of all.

He’s also 13-2 as a starter. How many QBs in the country can say that right now?

Tanner Morgan simply wins.

He’s one of the 5 best QB’s in the country.

I'll give him the Heisman!!!

I know a lot of us kind of joke about it but after what he did today and has done all season he absolutely should be in the discussion. He won't win it because he isn't flashy but there are very few QBs I would rather have anywhere in the country right now. Kid makes great decisions and puts his play makers in position to make teams pay.

Fine QB.

Curious if he wins the QB battle next year.

Statistically he’s going to either be the leader or in the top 2 to 3 in every category. Stone cold under huge pressure. Yeah, the WRs are getting awesome YAC but you don’t have to look far to see how scattershot most college QBs are. His accuracy downfield is astounding.

He played absolutely wonderful today. Congratulations Tanner!!!!

I was impressed with Todd Blackledge as color guy today, complementary of Gophers and Morgan. Hes a pro and a PSU grad, watching the broadcast was fun and all the announcers were great. What a win! Morgan has a lot of intangibles.

His accuracy is excellent and he threaded some passes in tight spaces today. All he does is win !

Kinda crazy that he lost out to Annextad the last two years for the starting spot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kinda crazy that he lost out to Annextad the last two years for the starting spot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see what ZA can do when Tanner Morgan is managing games in the NFL in a couple of years.

This dude is a gutty QB, all he does is male plays and Tanner Morgan is a winner!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Glen Mason: “Best performance by a Minnesota QB I’ve ever seen.”

Can we give him an extension before he goes to "better" team? Oh, wait. That's a different subject...……...

Seriously though, when did the Gophers have a better QB than Morgan? By all metrics he’s on track to be the best we’ve had. His passer rating was 281.9 today. His two games passing over a 90% completion rate were Purdue and Penn State.

His combined stats for those games:

39/42
735 yards
7 TD’s

Unreal. Simply unreal

Top Bottom