Antoine Winfield going pro next year?

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
I don't personally feel like this is a question anymore - anyone still disagree? Huge game on national TV.

If you really want to be a downer, you could start a thread speculating on how many of the Seniors will sit out the bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft.......

Seriously on Winfield, this is really the first year he has played a full healthy season.

If he comes out after this year, I don't know if he's a 1st-round pick.

If he comes back, and has a similar type of year, he could be a top-10 overall pick. that adds some zeroes to the check. If he's having fun and enjoying his time in college, why not come back.

I don't think the family is impoverished. (assuming dad saved a few bucks from his NFL career.)

Hah, i'm not lamenting his loss. I really couldn't be more happy for the Gophers and especially him, that he's been able to come back and be productive. I think his going to the NFL is good for him, and good for the Gophers in their trajectory with recruiting and reputation. I just feel like at this point, seeing the year he's had and the big game today in primetime, it's inevitable that he'll leave. You may be pouting at the thought, but i'm celebrating! :)

Enjoy the season, whatever he does, it benefits the program in some way.

Couldn't be happier if he does...we need a #1 pick from Minnesota and follow it up with Bateman going first round in 2021.

He’s not listed in Mel Kiper’s most recent Top 10 safeties or corners. So, I don’t know, but he is REALLY good!!!! (Maybe because he’s a sophomore he missed him?)
Whatever is best...might wanna hang with his brother another year?

PJ can be very persuasive and Antoine has his little brother on the team He staying one more year.

He’s not listed in Mel Kiper’s most recent Top 10 safeties or corners. So, I don’t know, but he is REALLY good!!!! (Maybe because he’s a sophomore he missed him?)
Whatever is best...might wanna hang with his brother another year?

Who is Mel Kiper?

398ae1f2af33781f2ff1024fafecb82d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope he doesn't, but he's probably got his degree after this season and would get drafted it pretty good position.

However, I hope he follows Tyler Johnson's lead and finishes his eligibility here.

Hope having his brother plus a talented secondary coming back keeps him another year. No doubt his Dad will be influential but agree either way it's good for the Gophers.

We should be real about the fact he’s having an all-American season. His stock will never be higher. The staff have recruited well and will have guys to step forward so the Winfields and Batemans can leave early. Enjoy him and know that his success this season will help the program long term.

We should be real about the fact he’s having an all-American season. His stock will never be higher. The staff have recruited well and will have guys to step forward so the Winfields and Batemans can leave early. Enjoy him and know that his success this season will help the program long term.

If it were not for injuries he would be a Sr. This year. Hope he stay, but he will do what’s best for himself and I a fine with that

I don't know enough about how NFL teams factor in injuries but I bet that's what will help him decide.

If he thinks he'll see a significant jump if he can show that he can play consecutive seasons without injury, he'll come back. If he thinks there is minimal room to go up but an injury could hurt him, he's gone.

If injuries weren't an issue I think he's first round talent. No idea how much injuries drop him.

Top Bottom