This day will be perfect...

MennoSota

Reaction score
when the Gophers beat Oklahoma tonight!
Ski-U-Mah, I am excited to finally watch this team play.

Agreed. This win was very good for all programs. This shows great kids like Garcia what it looks like to turn it around here. There is tons of excitement in this town about Gopher football right now and it can be that way in a hurry again in basketball.

Thrilling, well played win that was no fluke!

Agreed. This win was very good for all programs. This shows great kids like Garcia what it looks like to turn it around here. There is tons of excitement in this town about Gopher football right now and it can be that way in a hurry again in basketball.

Agreed!

Absolutely! There is a large section of the fan base that has been dormant and will come to life when the Gophers have success on the field/court. It still won't matter to some kids that just want to go somewhere else, but it will only help the Gophers' chances.

when the Gophers beat Oklahoma tonight!
Ski-U-Mah, I am excited to finally watch this team play.

Don't have much voice left, but it should be a pro Gopher crowd. OU favored by 4.5 though.

Perfect day spoiled by a mediocre performance in Sioux Falls. [emoji22]

How soon ? Because Fleck got that done in less than 3 years.

You’re one of the biggest Pitino apologists on the board. In your mind how many years should Pitino get to “turn it around here”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re one of the biggest Pitino apologists on the board. In your mind how many years should Pitino get to “turn it around here”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For better or worse, we bought in for two more years of Pitino last Spring when we signed that extension and passed on shots at Musselman and Hoiberg.

Hopefully he gets Garcia and finishes off a nice recruiting class, which will make this season easier to take.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

For better or worse, we bought in for two more years of Pitino last Spring when we signed that extension and passed on shots at Musselman and Hoiberg.

Hopefully he gets Garcia and finishes off a nice recruiting class, which will make this season easier to take.

Pitino won't be doing himself any favors if this ends up being another take a step back year.

Going in I thought 19-11 and a double digit seed was the ceiling. I'm not sure it is now. An NIT birth might be as good as we can hope for.

Going in I thought 19-11 and a double digit seed was the ceiling. I'm not sure it is now. An NIT birth might be as good as we can hope for.

A bad 10 minute stretch on a neutral site against a decent Oklahoma team in Game 2 has changed your opinion that much?

If anything the first 2 games has me more encouraged that a decent season (NCAA berth or bubble) is at least possible. They may surprise a few really good teams, but may stumble against a dreg 1 or 2 games. I do not think they will be a trainwreck (barring injuries).

Last edited:

A bad 10 minute stretch on a neutral site against a decent Oklahoma team in Game 2 has changed your opinion that much?

If anything the first 2 games has me more encouraged that a decent season (NCAA berth or bubble) is at least possible. They may surprise a few really good teams, but may stumble against a dreg 1 or 2 games. I do not think they will be a trainwreck (barring injuries).

Well, first there's not a huge gap between bubble NCAA team and NIT team. Essentially I felt 19-11 was their ceiling and now I'm thinking more like 17-13. To get to 19-11, I think they have to go at least 7-3 in the non-conference, but probably 8-2. I don't see it happening. We'll find out this week.

Second, it's not just the Oklahoma game, but all 3 games I've seen. I just see a team that will struggle to score consistently even if the D is better than I expected. I agree they will surprise some teams because when they're hitting 3's they can beat anyone. But when they're not, they can lose to anyone, so I fear there will be a couple ugly NET-killing losses to the Nebraska/NW/Rutgers of the world.

Top Bottom