PAY THE MAN

He got his raise and now he has earned it.

Don’t worry, the check will clear.

He already got a raise. I don’t get it.

PJ said they have to talk about other things with the administration to make us a longterm program.
He's got leverage now. I'm curious what else he feels he needs to see to compete nationally.

President Gable and Coyle were very visible @ the game today. I'm hopeful they are forging a great working relationship that will result in improved and consistent support for Gopher Athletics.

Just the ticket revenue from today's game was over $5M. $4.6M isn't big enough, he should at least be in the top 1/4 of the BIG.

In all seriousness, they're likely not altering what's already done unless 13-0 happens.

It's about so much more than money.

You really want to pay the man? Then give him what he really wants: Support our team and the U in every way you can. Buy tickets, go to games, wear the colors, give to the U and the community, volunteer, tell the press to get onboard, hug and love your wife and kids, be proud, be grateful, and say thank you. And when you're asked why you're doing all those things, just say: Row the Boat. Ski-u-mah. Go Gophers!

It's about so much more than money.

You really want to pay the man? Then give him what he really wants: Support our team and the U in every way you can. Buy tickets, go to games, wear the colors, give to the U and the community, volunteer, tell the press to get onboard, hug and love your wife and kids, be proud, be grateful, and say thank you. And when you're asked why you're doing all those things, just say: Row the Boat. Ski-u-mah. Go Gophers!

This really is his vision! I think PJ will get a raise at a minimum by next year, but it is not his primary motivation.

I think they missed the numbers on his raise/extension/buyout unless there is a handshake agreement of "we'll give you more soon" between him and Coyle. Its hard to go nuts and pay him too much too quickly, especially here, with this fan base. But I want him here forever.

Unless something weird happens over the next year, he'll get another contract re-work with a substantial pay bump before the end of next season.

I expect we hear some interesting announcements about other investments the U is making in the program over the off-season as well.

Top Bottom