WOW, just wow

I honestly was preparing myself for a letdown at the end, as before the game I told myself a close loss would still be a sign of progress and that we'd have games vs Iowa and Wisconsin to help make up for the loss upcoming. But I also felt if PSU scored, we had time to try to go down and score a FG for the win(or tie), and unlike in the past, I felt with our QB already having proven himself to be pretty clutch and our WRs having proven that they can make incredibly miraculous catches, that even if PSU scored a TD, we could still win the game.

So even with all of the negativity still present in my mind from past disappointments seemingly being the norm, there was something different in my mind, too. Something different about this team compared to team's/coaches of the past. Since bringing in the new DC, we have won all of the games we were supposed to and a few we were not supposed to, with a lot of pummelings and a lot of close games pulled out in the end somehow. When have we had a QB that has made more clutch tosses, and RBs who have made more miraculous catches???

Oh, and when in the past were our players just bigger/taller than our opponents for the most part?

And on top of everything, Fleck has them doing well in class, behaving and believing in themselves!!!

I sat silent for about 30 to 45 seconds after the pick. My father in law couldn’t understand it. I said you wouldn’t understand unless you were a lifelong Gopher fan. I was waiting for a flag, a replay review, or God knows what.

After that I was in ah for a few seconds...then finally stood up, let out multiple huge screams of pure joy accompanied by a flurry of fist pumps!

(I was watching it on tv)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at a DIII game watching the Gopher game on my phone. Many others in the stands were doing the same thing and when the pick happened people were fist pumping and shaking their heads in disbelief that the Gophers had won. Not really paying attention to the game going on.

We beat the #4 team in the nation and you think you can fault the coaches for how we won. Now that is ballsy.

~Eyeroll~

It was in response to someone saying they loved the unpredictability of the offense.

Top Bottom