Recruits visiting for the Penn St game

GuyFawkes

Win or Lose, WE DRINK!
Reaction score
Anyone have a list of the Recruits visiting for the Penn State game? Burns tweeted out that this will be the most recruits to visit for a Gopher game.

Are there liability issues if they are injured in a field-rush?

I hope someone gets a head count.

We sure gave them one hell of a show! I wonder if we get any commitments in the next week

Last edited:

This game has to be huge for recruiting.

How could you be a kid in Minnesota or even outstate and not see what is going on here? Recruiting right now should be like shooting fish in a barrel!

How could you be a kid in Minnesota or even outstate and not see what is going on here? Recruiting right now should be like shooting fish in a barrel!
Paging Kaden Johnson...

And it doesn't hurt that it's mid November and there were no icicles. Looked to be good football weather.

Paging Kaden Johnson...
This, he can help us on defense, please by like Tyler Johnson who will go down a Gopher legend and play in NFL. Kaden Johnson to Ski U Mah please!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Heard it was mostly 2021 and 22 guys without a gopher offer yet...Johnson and lockett both play today so they weren't there I'm sure

I was thinking the same thing. How cool is this for Carter Coughlin? I am happy for everyone but especially a kid like that or Rashod who could have gone to blue blood schools but instead bought into this school, this state.

Do you think a win like this with the whole state behind the team impacts recruiting of instate kids for bball? Maybe just me wishfully thinking but damn I would think seeing that and being a local bball recuit I'd be thinking... I can help do this for the bball program

I was thinking the same thing. How cool is this for Carter Coughlin? I am happy for everyone but especially a kid like that or Rashod who could have gone to blue blood schools but instead bought into this school, this state.

Do you think a win like this with the whole state behind the team impacts recruiting of instate kids for bball? Maybe just me wishfully thinking but damn I would think seeing that and being a local bball recuit I'd be thinking... I can help do this for the bball program

Thinking the exact same thing -- it all builds of of each other.

I sit where I can see a lot of them come up and down the stairs but I'm not sure how I feel about posting their name's all the time.

Justice sullivan was at the game according to a friend of mind

My nephew plays for Totino Grace so I have seen Alt play. He has great size, has the pedigree of course and has been coached by his dad all the way up. I would love to have him play for the Gophers -- he has the makings of being a very good player in college. It might be tough if his dad is pushing him toward the Hawkeyes though. The Hawkeyes are known for pushing tight ends into the NFL. This would be a very good kid to get! Also, their QB Kristoff Kowalkowski should be a D-1 prospect, too. He has an offer from Florida Atlantic I believe. Totino Grace will be a great team next year - my nephew is a 6'3 and 285 pound offensive lineman who has also been coached by Jon Alt all the way up. He loves football and is a good player, but probably not quite D-1. Thinking St. Thomas maybe. I will probably get out and see them play a few times next year!

Last edited:

If you’re a Minnesota kid and you don’t want to play for the U at this point, you’re basically just satan.

I sit where I can see a lot of them come up and down the stairs but I'm not sure how I feel about posting their name's all the time.
Well just them some of the time.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

If you’re a Minnesota kid and you don’t want to play for the U at this point, you’re basically just satan.

Aaah! Some of these kids are in Purgatory. When they realize the errors of their ways, they will come to the light.

Justice Sullivan
Ayo Adebogun
Joe Alt
Seth Malcom
Phillippe Wesley
Ky Thomas
Austin Henderson
Jonathan Mann
Aireontae Ersery
Danny Striggow
Cody Lindenberg
Lucas Finnessy
Victor Pless

There were more, but I don't know who they are

Justice Sullivan
Ayo Adebogun
Joe Alt
Seth Malcom
Phillippe Wesley
Ky Thomas
Austin Henderson
Jonathan Mann
Aireontae Ersery
Danny Striggow
Cody Lindenberg
Lucas Finnessy
Victor Pless

There were more, but I don't know who they are

Finally, a game day atmosphere to compete with programs like Wisconsin and Iowa.

I’m glad Ky was there. That will make it more difficult for other programs to poach him.

Agreed, but if you’re a high schooler you’ve probably only seen Twitter where the nation has been criticizing our “weak schedule” and how “we haven’t played anyone”. So until today’s results they probably weren’t paying a ton of attention. Today perked their ears I’m sure, if they’re kids that have been given offers to play here already. If I’m a couple of these Wisconsin or Iowa recruits, if I was also approached by Minnesota...I’d be reconsidering my commitment right now, and worrying that I’ll end up on the wrong side of history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom