***OFFICIAL 8-0 PENN STATE AT 8-0 MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

What just happened?! I'm 54 years old and I'm down here in Oklahoma...weeping. One of the greatest moments of my life. Go Golden Gophers.
Love it. I'm standing in my kitchen listening to Mike Grimm & Co. Don't get ABC streaming. Might have broke my vocal chords after Howden's INT.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Love it. I'm standing in my kitchen listening to Mike Grimm & Co. Don't get ABC streaming. Might have broke my vocal chords after Howden's INT.

I'm sure my neighbors thought I had some kind of emergency, but being good Minnesotans they kept to themself. :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Not sure where you live, but you can get OTA antenna on Amazon for $20

I'll be honest. I bought into the narrative that Penn State had this unbeatable defense. I hoped the Gophers could keep it reasonably close, but I really did not expect them to win.

I was wrong.

Obviously, Penn State's defense had some holes, and the Gophers took advantage. Of course, they had to turn it into a nail-biter, but they made enough plays to win.

FWIW, I'm glad I was not hooked up to a heart monitor during the game. I think my heart rate was up way over 100 a few times.

Heck of a win.

I think I'm almost in a state of shock. It's hard for me to believe that this really happened.

I'll be honest. I bought into the narrative that Penn State had this unbeatable defense. I hoped the Gophers could keep it reasonably close, but I really did not expect them to win.

I was wrong.

Obviously, Penn State's defense had some holes, and the Gophers took advantage. Of course, they had to turn it into a nail-biter, but they made enough plays to win.

FWIW, I'm glad I was not hooked up to a heart monitor during the game. I think my heart rate was up way over 100 a few times.

Heck of a win.

I think I'm almost in a state of shock. It's hard for me to believe that this really happened.

I think it's more of Rashod Bateman is just that damn good

Wasn't a big fan of getting conservative, but in hindsight...Gophers were pinned back deep enough on several of those drives, that maybe it was best not to risk putting any balls up for grabs. Winning turnover battle was the difference in this game.

Don’t forget about Morgan - 18-20 with no bad decisions

Bring it...
We can hang!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t forget about Morgan - 18-20 with no bad decisions

this is why I don't understand Fleck not trusting Morgan to seal the deal with his arm. We dodged a bullet today. Hopefully coach learned his lesson

I think it's more of Rashod Bateman is just that damn good

Bateman and Tanner were amazing today. Penn State D assumed if they shut down the Gophers run game that would be enough. Tanner, CAB, T Johnson, and Bateman did everything that was needed to win today. Great game all around.

I just wanted to stop in briefly and share this with my fellow GopherHole posters. I've been waiting aboout 30 years for just one win like this when it really mattered. Many of you have been waiting even longer than that. This was way too long in the making, it's here now.

Enjoy it Gopher fans! Lets win at least 2 more and head to Indy

Ski U Mah! Row The Boat!

I love everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel like I need to reply to this just to remind Spoof at a later date [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The question is, is the consensus this is mildly, moderately, highly surprising? Shocked the world? Shocked PSU homers? I’d say YEP.

The offense is legit. The defense didn’t have a great day but did enough to hold serve. Special teams was below average. A great offense was enough.

I don't think Gopher fans are surprised who have watched this team.

New fans, surprised.
National media, shocked.

What a win! That was crazy. I still wish we had passed more toward the end to keep doing what got us there, but in the end, however we got the W is satisfaction. Now just to win 2 of 3 and get to Indy!

Seeing this postgame rather than the second quarter makes it funny as heck..

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For those of you posting "here we go again" in this thread at the end of the 4th quarter, in the press conference PJ points out that it's time to change your culture...

I played HS at Hutchinson (MN) and dreamed of being a Gopher in the early '80s. Not good enough, I played for the NDSU Bison and love both they and the Gophers. I'm 54 y.o. and live in Oklahoma. I was weeping after today's win...crying like a baby... and honestly rank this moment with the Minnesota pride I felt when I heard Al Michaels say, "Do you believe in Miracles?!" This was that great a moment in this Minnesotan's life. SO MUCH FUN watching this from down here...the crowd was amazing...we played with so much heart and guts, but this was NOT some hyped-up emotional win. We simply played the game of Football better than them.

Watching our receivers out play their secondary was amazing. Tanner played great and there were a number of plays that if he had more time we would have had more TD's. PSU front 7 are the real deal and we still ran for over 125 yards. This team can compete and I definitely had tears of joy .

I’m pacing around a hospital room with my 1 day old daughter. I hope she never knows what life as a Gopher fan was like before her existence!

Congrats! Teach her well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I played HS at Hutchinson (MN) and dreamed of being a Gopher in the early '80s. Not good enough, I played for the NDSU Bison and love both they and the Gophers. I'm 54 y.o. and live in Oklahoma. I was weeping after today's win...crying like a baby... and honestly rank this moment with the Minnesota pride I felt when I heard Al Michaels say, "Do you believe in Miracles?!" This was that great a moment in this Minnesotan's life. SO MUCH FUN watching this from down here...the crowd was amazing...we played with so much heart and guts, but this was NOT some hyped-up emotional win. We simply played the game of Football better than them.
I also played HS at Hutchinson but during the early 1970's(Grady Rostberg's first 2 years as Hutch's HC). In my 2 years on varsity football we won a total of 2 games(both in my senior year), so dreaming of playing on the Gophers was never going to happen, but I understand your emotion of today. I have been waiting since 1962 for a chance to see them return to the Rose Bowl, and they just cleared a giant hurdle, though more hurdles to come.

I also played HS at Hutchinson but during the early 1970's(Grady Rostberg's first 2 years as Hutch's HC). In my 2 years on varsity football we won a total of 2 games(both in my senior year), so dreaming of playing on the Gophers was never going to happen, but I understand your emotion of today. I have been waiting since 1962 for a chance to see them return to the Rose Bowl, and they just cleared a giant hurdle, though more hurdles to come.
I played at Robbinsdale from 78-81. I thought our football program was down, but not out. Little did I know that I was in the second to last graduating class.

My student time at the U included the last year in Memorial Stadium, the abysmal Smokey Joe in the Dome years and the hope instilled, and stolen away, by the Music Man.

Today is a sweet feeling. It is one that I hope Golden Gopher Football can sustain. It is a place that the program has not seen in a century. I sense a sizable momentum behind the program. Something I didn't feel as a student nor as a recent alumni.

Ski-U-Mah
Row the Boat

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just read this thread. Wildly entertaining as always. The highs and lows relived. Thanks for all who posted in here. Really my favorite thing to do after a win that I attend, as it is impossible to keep up with this thread while at a game.

Top Bottom