Ski U Mah Flag Chant - Let's Bring it Back for Big Games!

Triple D

Reaction score
A few years ago the Cheerleaders used alternating flags to get the crowd fired up, Home side chanted Ski, end zones chanted U, and the Visiting side chanted Mah.

Let's bring that back for the Penn State and Wisconsin games, LET'S GO!!

Nah, it is too much like Iowa's one and only pathetic chant. I-O-W-A Kind of sad that each section is only responsible for one letter...and get so excited about it

Does get the whole crowd chanting Ski-U-Mah, it's simple enough and will be awesome with a packed stadium.

I really hope so. I’ve always wanted them to bring it back.

Have any of you been in TCF pregame? They do it already facing the student section.

I remember in the old Marriucci Arena, the four sections of the crowd would chant Minn-Nee-So-Ta and at the end the Nee section would always continue to chant Nee, Nee, Nee

Good Times!

Have any of you been in TCF pregame? They do it already facing the student section.

Are you talking about during the zombie nation song, right before kickoff? It's a cool concept, but half the students don't know it's even happening.

I remember in the old Marriucci Arena, the four sections of the crowd would chant Minn-Nee-So-Ta and at the end the Nee section would always continue to chant Nee, Nee, Nee

Good Times!

always loved this

Are you talking about during the zombie nation song, right before kickoff? It's a cool concept, but half the students don't know it's even happening.

When Zombie Nation is playing there is a perfect spot to follow the cheerleaders lead and chant "SKI U MAH". I always do it but I'm all alone up in 211.

A few years ago the Cheerleaders used alternating flags to get the crowd fired up, Home side chanted Ski, end zones chanted U, and the Visiting side chanted Mah.

Let's bring that back for the Penn State and Wisconsin games, LET'S GO!!

I miss this, I was just thinking about it a week ago. With a full house, it sounds beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and the students definitely know it's happening.

The Ski-U-Mah chant never worked. Let’s try wearing maroon before going to things that difficult.

I heard Fleck met with the Cheerleaders this week and instructed them on his “Row the Boat” cheer.

They will teach the crowd begin 10 min prior to kickoff.

I hear it’s elite.

I heard Fleck met with the Cheerleaders this week and instructed them on his “Row the Boat” cheer.

I hear it’s elite.

Oar, boat, compass, Row the Boat how do we incorporate that in a cheer? If we turn our backs and chant Row the Boat I get it but not sure without much preparation how we will pull this off. We have been doing the Row thing after halftime that is all I remember.

I hear it’s elite.

Row row row your boat
Elitely down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
Who hates Iowa

Row row row your boat
Elitely down the stream
Who hates Iowa

I was singing this as I read it.
My wife refused to try it in round tho.

I was singing this as I read it.
My wife refused to try it in round tho.

Well at least I brought joy to one poor soul today.

What would be fantastic is to use the SKI-U-MAH chant on as a third down chant. Not the overly complicated thing with each section doing part of it. Just instead of making random noise, the whole stadium chanting SKI-U-MAH over and over again on third down.

Row row row your boat
Elitely down the stream
Who hates Iowa
Very good, but Fleck is saving that version for when we actually play Iowa. No, tomorrow’s version goes like this:

Row, row, row your boat
Elitely down the stream
PSU will be abused Like when Sandusky
coached their team

Top Bottom