If Gophers beat Penn State, and Iowa beats Wisconsin...

WinLoseOrTy

Reaction score
...and Gophers win next week at Kinnick to clinch the B1G West, we're totally tearing down those goal posts and bringing them back to the Twin Cities, right?

Is that who they play next week? I had no idea.

I only know it's Penn St. championship week.

...and Gophers win next week at Kinnick to clinch the B1G West, we're totally tearing down those goal posts and bringing them back to the Twin Cities, right?

Don't they have quick release posts to avoid this?

If not, please do.

I’d prefer Wisconsin wins so our last home game becomes the de-facto west division title game.

And I like our chances against Wisconsin at TCF better than Iowa at Kinnick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, hear me out, We just win the next 3 and clinch at 11-0 :p

But seriously, if we win this week and next week, it will not matter who won in Iowa vs Wisconsin unless we somehow drop Northwestern. Now, winning the next two will be a tall task...

My lawyer always tells me "Stop posting about your crimes online!"

Yeah....it would be really cool to have the West locked up after next week. Even IF we lose to PSU, having Iowa beat Wisconsin and then beating Iowa next week would be huge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Minnesota’s magic number is 3 against them both. Any combination of Minnesota wins and opponent losses equaling 3 gives Minnesota the West. One will have a loss tomorrow. The magic number vs the loser will be 2.

If Minnesota beats PSU, the magic number vs the winner of Iowa/Wisc is 2, and 1 vs the loser. A Minnesota win versus either Iowa/Wis counts as 2.

Personally, I’d like to see the West wrapped up before the Budgie game. It

Minnesota’s magic number is 3 against them both. Any combination of Minnesota wins and opponent losses equaling 3 gives Minnesota the West. One will have a loss tomorrow. The magic number vs the loser will be 2.

If Minnesota beats PSU, the magic number vs the winner of Iowa/Wisc is 2, and 1 vs the loser. A Minnesota win versus either Iowa/Wis counts as 2.

Personally, I’d like to see the West wrapped up before the Budgie game. It
Agreed. It would be a shame to miss out on the Big Ten Championship because we drop the last game of the year to Wisconsin.

Plus....who knows....maybe Illinois can pull off another surprise upset and help us out with Iowa if things don't go our way the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’d prefer Wisconsin wins so our last home game becomes the de-facto west division title game.

And I like our chances against Wisconsin at TCF better than Iowa at Kinnick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Minnesota beats Penn State and Iowa beats Wisconsin you can still get your wish.

Even if Iowa were to beat Minnesota next week...in that scenario sweeping Wisconsin and northwestern would still win the division

I want Iowa to win.
I don't need a bunch of badger fans showing up here for a possible title game.

I want them to stay in WI and lose every game.

I want Iowa to win.
I don't need a bunch of badger fans showing up here for a possible title game.

I want them to stay in WI and lose every game.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3oEjHBUwuSGbFS5iAE" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/3oEjHBUwuSGbFS5iAE">via GIPHY</a></p>

I’m game with carrying their goalposts out of the stadium

Snatching Floyd from Kinnick would be epic!
On the same level with bringing the Axe back last year.
Arguably it would the biggest victory to date in the Fleck era, no matter the rankings.

There’s a fair chance that the Gophers could make their first Gameday related appearance if this scenario plays out. I bet it’s in Waco for Baylor Oklahoma but if not the Floyd game in this scenario would be fun.

Yes re. quick release end zone posts, whether from on-field collisions or after-game antics. Its not so much quick-release as sort of Gumby, flexible posts, but they will bend over if forced enough.

Top Bottom