Cheapest pre-game beer options?

Panthadad2

Reaction score
Meeting up with some buddies before the game but not tailgating this week. We're going to try out some of the public options west of the stadium, but I haven't been to any of those for several years. Any ideas what the cheapest beer options are before the game available to the public?

Edit: I see now there might be some similar posts, so feel free to discard if needed.

Last edited:

I hate Sally's and Stub and Herbs is slow, so probably Blarneys. Surly if you want to take the train a few stops otherwise

I hate Sally's and Stub and Herbs is slow, so probably Blarneys. Surly if you want to take the train a few stops otherwise

+1 Surlys. You can park there and it's a short walk to TCF. How about just to the TCF plaza happy hour in the stadium 9:30? Better beer deals than the bars up until 1/2 before game and you won't half to wait 1/2 hour to go thru security if you get there before 10.

+1 Surlys. You can park there and it's a short walk to TCF. How about just to the TCF plaza happy hour in the stadium 9:30? Better beer deals than the bars up until 1/2 before game and you won't half to wait 1/2 hour to go thru security if you get there before 10.

What's the atmosphere like there? Bunch of people just milling around watching warm ups or is there other stuff going on?

Last edited:

In my opinion you are asking the wrong question. Should be "where is the best beer" not the cheapest. Quality before quantity is my thought. Otherwise, just head over to Lot 37 and there will plenty of tailgaters willing to share.

Beer? How about something stronger. I know some MLB ballparks (the Nats for one) offer Jack Daniels and etc hard booze. Is beer the best the Big 10 can do?

12-pack of Natty Light from U-Liquors. :cool:

Beforehand limits you options. Unless they are opening early Surly is not an option. I would go to seven corners...three options there. Corner bar, Republic, Townhall brewery. I would call to find out when they are opening tomorrow.

Last edited:

Beer30. It's a beer. It's a time. It's cheap.

In my opinion you are asking the wrong question. Should be "where is the best beer" not the cheapest. Quality before quantity is my thought. Otherwise, just head over to Lot 37 and there will plenty of tailgaters willing to share.

OK. I like good beer too. But there's a difference between paying $5 for a decent pint and $10. I should change the title to "best value" beer. I think the last beer I bought inside TCF was around $9 or $10. Seeing how I like to have more than one or two, and definitely will tomorrow, less cost is better. ;)

Last edited:

Beforehand limits you options. Unless they are opening early Surly is not an option. I would go to seven corners...three options there. Corner bar, Republic, Townhall brewery. I would call to find out when they are opening tomorrow.

We're looking to hang right by the stadium. Otherwise, Seven Corners would be on the list. That area was our hangout back in the day during grad school on the West Bank.

If you're looking to have a moderately bad time....you could go with Beast.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In my opinion you are asking the wrong question. Should be "where is the best beer" not the cheapest. <b>Quality before quantity is my thought.</b>Otherwise, just head over to Lot 37 and there will plenty of tailgaters willing to share.

This may be the worst tailgating advice anyone has ever given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Wrong Beast. Think much cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Aaw. Milwaukee's Best. Not bad actually. The first time I had it was on hot summer day delivering lumber & sheetrock for a summer college job. Finished a big delivery on a Friday afternoon and the recipient pulled out a big cooler of MB on ice. It tasted like ice cold nectar on that day.

Aaw. Milwaukee's Best. Not bad actually. The first time I had it was on hot summer day delivering lumber & sheetrock for a summer college job. Finished a big delivery on a Friday afternoon and the recipient pulled out a big cooler of MB on ice. It tasted like ice cold nectar on that day.

And for some reason I thought there was an actual cheap beer called "Beast" as well.

Top Bottom