Beware Of Ticket Scammers

cemba99

Bruce Smith for Governor
Reaction score
Buyer Beware!
While looking for a PSU ticket via Craigslist (still looking for a single), came across 5 different scammers (so far)
It’s what happens when the team gets popular and starts selling out games!

Craigslist is scam city for sports tickets.

Stay away.

Cheaper for a reason (cuz they ain't tickets).

I guess as a seller, I’m in a better situation as I plan to sell them in person as I have the physical tickets. I don’t even whip them tickets out until I see the Benjamins in their hands.

I guess I could be robbed.

To your point, a lot of tickets could be counterfeited or duplicated and online market has so much more scam possibilities.

The two tickets on craigslist for the wisconsin game in Section 148 are legit.

Buyer Beware!
While looking for a PSU ticket via Craigslist (still looking for a single), came across 5 different scammers (so far)
It’s what happens when the team gets popular and starts selling out games!

I have two tickets available if you are interested.

I guess as a seller, I’m in a better situation as I plan to sell them in person as I have the physical tickets. I don’t even whip them tickets out until I see the Benjamins in their hands.

I guess I could be robbed.

To your point, a lot of tickets could be counterfeited or duplicated and online market has so much more scam possibilities.

Somebody should make an app that can scan the barcode on tickets to tell you if they are legit or not.

Stub Hub is honest and has an arrangement with the U now, though it my apply only to season tickets sold individually. Not sure - check the UM site. I had an extra single and sold it through a UM portal to StubHub. Neat set-up.

How would you even know if you are being scammed? some guy is trying to sell me tickets through TicketMaster and it doesn't seem real but how would I know?

Top Bottom