Some stats that make PSU fans feel confident.

Morgan hasn't been asked to win the game with his arm. Other than Rutgers and Georgia Southern, he hasn't thrown more than 23 passes in a game. You've had 376 rush attempts and only 174 pass attempts. PSU's #1 focus is stopping the run and I guarantee you that's what they will try to do tomorrow to force Tanner to throw the ball 30+ times.

I love when people point to this stat and claim our offense isn't balanced. It's a clear example of reviewing box scores and not actually WATCHING GAMES. Note: We have been blowing teams out in the conference season. When we get a late lead, we run a lot and suffocate teams with time of possession. Combine that with the fact that the coaching staff basically kept running very vanilla inside zone run plays in the non-conference season until we had to use the pass to win a game and...that's why we're so unbalanced. I expect tomorrow to be close to a 50/50 game.

Spyker is a PSU troll who’s trying to play you. Keep that in mind.

The Class A ball team that plays in PSU’s stadium is the State College Spikers.

Last edited:

I hate that officiating gets called out as a major factor. But it is.

Yea, my meaning was if they bungle things and change the course of the game that will ruin a good contest for the teams and fans. Not an excuse for winning or losing.

I honestly don't know what to think about the game. If Penn State's defense succeed in getting to Tanner or stop the run with their two deep loaded speedy Defense, it will be a long day.

Hopefully, the Gopher figure out what Penn State will give them and make the adjustments.

One thing in our favor - the Gophers will be on adrenaline and the crowd hopefully will rile them up in a a frenzy.

The Gophers are a dangerous team.

It's a lot easier to do that against the competition you have faced. All I'm saying is, Tanner hasn't been asked to win games yet. You are predominantly a running team, what will happen when you don't have success running the ball? If you have success, this discussion is obviously pointless, but that will be a very tough task running the ball consistently on this defense.

You’re a complete moron. I was reading your points, some were okay. Until this. “Tanner hasn’t been asked to win games yet.” You need to go back and watch some game film son

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morgan hasn't been asked to win the game with his arm. Other than Rutgers and Georgia Southern, he hasn't thrown more than 23 passes in a game. You've had 376 rush attempts and only 174 pass attempts. PSU's #1 focus is stopping the run and I guarantee you that's what they will try to do tomorrow to force Tanner to throw the ball 30+ times.

It’s a good think they didn’t need him to throw 30+ times, or we might have scored 50+. We get the lead and milk the clock like a lot of good teams do. Get it now?

It's a lot easier to play QB when are able to run the ball. Safeties come down in the box, DL doesn't rush up field, play action is more effective - there's a lot of reasons. But if PSU is able to shut down the run and make you one dimensional, which is what PSU tries to do and is very effective at doing, it's a lot harder on the QB. He hasn't done that yet.

Where did you go 5pyker? Why don’t you come back and play. Tell us how we haven’t beaten anyone and how bad we are, and how much better PSU is.

I didn’t get enough, I want to hear more wisdom.

Where did you go 5pyker? Why don’t you come back and play. Tell us how we haven’t beaten anyone and how bad we are, and how much better PSU is.

I didn’t get enough, I want to hear more wisdom.

5pkyer makes me respect Talon for talking smack pregame but being gracious post

The coaches are very good at taking what the defense gives them. If a team loads up to stop the run we pass, if they load up to stop the pass we run. If they load up to stop the run and can't stop us anyway we keep on running.

The O-Line has to hold up, if they give Morgan time to work Penn State may be surprised about what we can throw at them. They will be the best defensive team we have faced this year, on the flip side we are the best offensive team they have seen. Will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

It's a lot easier to play QB when are able to run the ball. Safeties come down in the box, DL doesn't rush up field, play action is more effective - there's a lot of reasons. But if PSU is able to shut down the run and make you one dimensional, which is what PSU tries to do and is very effective at doing, it's a lot harder on the QB. He hasn't done that yet.

It's a lot easier to do that against the competition you have faced. All I'm saying is, Tanner hasn't been asked to win games yet. You are predominantly a running team, what will happen when you don't have success running the ball? If you have success, this discussion is obviously pointless, but that will be a very tough task running the ball consistently on this defense.

I'm going to leave this guy's ridiculous take right here. (referring to 5pyker, not MNVCGUY)

Talon has been good luck. Hope he sticks around here.

Yeah, Talon is good **** and I've taken a bit of a liking to GSU over the past couple months.

This guy was basically just a troll with no real discussion.

Top Bottom