Matt Limegrover is Back at TCF

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Limegrover will be back on campus, coaching the OL for PSU. I don't think it makes too much of a difference, but just interesting when a former coach comes back to town...

Read about it here

He wasn't bad when Jerry was away from team.

What about the Michigan fiasco?? Where they wasted a bunch of time with stupid shifts on first down, then didn’t score on that play, leaving us time only to run one more play, which was Liedner then getting stuffed on the sneak.

Or do you blame that sequence on Claeys?

What about the Michigan fiasco?? Where they wasted a bunch of time with stupid shifts on first down, then didn’t score on that play, leaving us time only to run one more play, which was Liedner then getting stuffed on the sneak.

What a F up that was.

Michigan had the #1 total defense in the entire country that year we put up 26 points and 461 yards of offense on them so I'd say he called a damn good game regardless of what happened at the end. And yes, I would blame Claeys more than Limey for that.

It's funny because a co-worker of mine said the following Monday that play should have eliminated Claeys from being considered for the Head Coach. I kind of shook my head and said, I get it, but the guy knew he was going to be coach for 2 days. C'mon!

The call was on Limey (why do you have such a long play called with no time?), but didn't the Gophers have a time-out, if I remember right? Not using it (if I'm remembering correctly) was on Claeys.

Realistically, I'm betting Limey calls the same play if Kill was still coach, only difference is Kill may have known the offense well enough to realize there was too much motion and called the time out (if they had one) or overrode the call.

I still remember sitting there yelling to snap the ball. UGH! Of course, that's one of those plays that looks genius if they score with zero time left, but I was so mad they were wasting that much time. Then to get stuffed on the next play, oh, that was awful.

Last edited:

I almost threw the TV out the window. Will never forget it. Whole crowd was cheering “Jerry! Jerry!” too. Nope, didn’t make it.

Anyway, Claeys canned Limegrover that off-season and I believe he has been the PSU OL coach since.

I thought Limey said he would never step foot back on campus? Oh wait, that was Kill. My mistake.

At that moment I knew neither were the answer.
How could no one notice that the clock would start on the ready for play?

If only Leidner's pass could have carried a half a yard longer we would have had a TD and the post review plays would not have been such a cluster Fugh.

The thought of that game still gives me heartburn.

Top Bottom