This is happening.

You can take light rail from downtown

Yep. Light rail to downtown and figure it out from there. Same for getting to the stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can take light rail from downtown right to TCF bank stadium there is a stop right near by and would be just as fast as any UBER or taxi. Think it is a green line train from MPLS to TCF stadium.

You can take light rail from downtown right to TCF bank stadium there is a stop right near by and would be just as fast as any UBER or taxi. Think it is a green line train from MPLS to TCF stadium.

Awesome. Thank you. Also, I bought a ticket in section 131. Seat is #1. Is that the student section end of the row or opposite?

Awesome. Thank you. Also, I bought a ticket in section 131. Seat is #1. Is that the student section end of the row or opposite?

Seat 1 will be closest to the student section, the seats are numbered clockwise.

When you get off the Blue Line, remember to cross to the other side to get the Green Line. Otherwise it will take you towards Target Field instead of towards Saint Paul.

Looks like it's on the student section side.

Last edited:

When you get off the Blue Line, remember to cross to the other side to get the Green Line. Otherwise it will take you towards Target Field instead of towards Saint Paul.

From what I remember, they make it pretty obvious if you've ridden mass transit before. It is easier than the L or other larger systems.

Yep. Light rail to downtown and figure it out from there. Same for getting to the stadium.

There's two taprooms on the Blue line (Airport to DT Mpls), Venn Brewing (46th street stop) and Northbound Smokehouse & Brewpub (38th Street stop). Both are great if you want to work your way to DT. Northbound smokes their own meat...food there is outstanding.

Students sit at halftime

You will have to stand in seat 1 to see as the students stand the whole game. They sit at halftime though, not complaining just a heads up. Like another said at the US Bank terminal you have to switch over from the Blue line to the Green line to get to TCF bank stadium, cross over to the other side.

Green and Blue trains run on the same tracks from DT Mpls to US Bank Stadium, then Blue splits and heads south to airport and Green continues east to TCF and on to DT StP. The trains are lit with blue or green and the stops have announcements when they arrive, so it's pretty straightforward what train you should hop on. Buy the all day pass for tomorrow...think it's $4. Allows you to hop on and off whenever you want.

Last edited:

You will have to stand in seat 1 to see as the students stand the whole game. They sit at halftime though, not complaining just a heads up. Like another said at the US Bank terminal you have to switch over from the Blue line to the Green line to get to TCF bank stadium, cross over to the other side.

He's staying in DT Mpls, so he will not need to switch at US Bank Stadium...just get on an eastbound Green line train in DT Mpls tomorrow morning and he is good to go.

I actually love the fact I will be able to stand without getting yelled at. Also, appreciate all the advice. Truly, much appreciated.

Update: Just got a strong “Go Gophers” from a TSA screening agent at IND. This is going well.

e9434ca38eb963ee6123daa140458c10.jpg

The eagle has landed.

Top Bottom