Goodnight, Rutgers is bad

MennoSota

Reaction score
Bryant is within 2 points with under a minute to go, playing at Rutgers.

Bryant with a three at the buzzer...front rim and out. Lose by two. 71-73, at Rutgers.

Rutgers looked slow and has no point guard. Bryant ran some beautiful sets.

Remind me again why Rutgers is a member of the B1G.???

Bryant with a three at the buzzer...front rim and out. Lose by two. 71-73, at Rutgers.

Because they are really good at football

Because the dollars made sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love blanket statements on a team after 1 game of a season.

Rutgers is a complete buttstain on the conference. Thanks Delaney

There's more to the Big Ten brand than football and men's basketball.

Gophers have lost 2 of the past 3 games vs the Scarlet Knights.

It is well known they wanted to expand BTN to the New York market. Rutgers was the best fit of the schools in that area. Syracuse was staying put and Seton Hall doesn't have D1 football.

It is well known they wanted to expand BTN to the New York market. Rutgers was the best fit of the schools in that area. Syracuse was staying put and Seton Hall doesn't have D1 football.

Seton Hall? No. The only other schools directly in the NYC TV market (which includes areas beyond the city itself, mind you) which fit the academic and research requirements of the Big Ten brand are Columbia and NYU. The former will of course never leave the Ivy League, and the latter is happy to be DIII in athletics.

Rutgers fit the large, public, medical/comprehensive research university to the T, was in the NYC TV market, *and* delivered every cable system in a reasonably high population and high wealth state of New Jersey, to the BTN.

The only other school that would come close to that would be UConn. And it is much lower ranked in research. Though, me personally, I'd be just fine if they added UConn to the Big Ten East, as well. I'd go UConn and Buffalo on the East, and kick over Indiana to the West.

I love blanket statements on a team after 1 game of a season.

Yep. MSU couldn't hit threes in their first game, so now they won't win the Big Ten. Kansas had 25+ turnovers, so they're done too. Nebraska lost their first game, so let's just pencil them in as winless this season. Alabama lost to Penn, so even the NIT door is shut on them. Syracuse scored 34 points their first game, which means this is going to be the worst Orange team in their entire history...

Yep. MSU couldn't hit threes in their first game, so now they won't win the Big Ten. Kansas had 25+ turnovers, so they're done too. Nebraska lost their first game, so let's just pencil them in as winless this season. Alabama lost to Penn, so even the NIT door is shut on them. Syracuse scored 34 points their first game, which means this is going to be the worst Orange team in their entire history...

Gophers football barely squeaked a win over South Dakota State!

They'll be lucky to win 3 games this season.

Just saw this thread. It sounds like a song title. "Goodnight, Rutgers is Bad."

Now, I'm trying to decide what type of a song it would be.....country....hip-hop....?

I was reasonably impressed with them last year. I wouldn't rush to judgment.

There's more to the Big Ten brand than football and men's basketball.

Maybe as it pertains to schooling. As sports go though, those are the only 2 that matter and that coming from someone with 2 girls that play sports and watch them frequently.

“Matters”

You have your opinion, and I’ll stick with mine.

Northwestern had a net crushing double digit home loss to mighty Merrimack

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I was reasonably impressed with them last year. I wouldn't rush to judgment.
Unless Bryant is a solid mid-major, Rutgers is in a world of hurt. They had no point guard. Rutgers guard looked more like Jordan Murphy at the point. His handles were suspect and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 3.

Unless Bryant is a solid mid-major, Rutgers is in a world of hurt. They had no point guard. Rutgers guard looked more like Jordan Murphy at the point. His handles were suspect and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 3.

It's certainly a brutal loss on an NCAA tournament resume. But I'm not booking Rutgers for 2-18 in the B1G just yet. It does look like we'll have some rough teams at the bottom (NW, Neb, Rutgers).

Top Bottom