Official Proclamation: Maroon and Gold Friday

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
Gov Walz has declared Friday Maroon and Gold Friday. Wear your best to work
92acea86973cc04b9f48bf0cf16ad392.jpg

I wear maroon and gold everyday. Many have mentioned how it compliments my eyes.

I have worn maroon everyday this week. Had a group cheering " row the boat " last night at a local restaurant. It's nice to see this team/ program getting some recognition. I hope they take advantage of this momentum.

I have worn maroon everyday this week. Had a group cheering " row the boat " last night at a local restaurant. It's nice to see this team/ program getting some recognition. I hope they take advantage of this momentum.

My three days at work this week I wore my Goldy tie, my maroon and gold bow tie, and my M tie.

Today in travel status to Minnesota. Bought a new maroon Goldy ball cap. Saturday is going to be a blast. Arranged for this game three months ago and I had no idea it would be this situation.

Never in my life...literally.

I think there are a ton of people in the state that have pride in the U even if they're not a graduate. Call them "bandwagon" if you want, but there will be a whole lot more people looking for maroon and gold if we win Saturday. The excitement of when the basketball teams went to the Final Fours; the win over the Badgers last year; and even the Citrus Bowl in 2015 (?) all just scratched the surface of how the state will embrace the Gophers if given a reason. Problem is, the success wasn't followed by more success; we just went back to middle of the road and being a non-factor.

More and more of the group I'm around (old, retired guys) have been taking more and more interest in the Gophers as they have been winning each week. Usually, all they want to talk about is the Vikings.

Does a Governor's proclamation supersede company dress code? Asking for my appeal to HR?

Top Bottom