Shama: Stock Market Wiz Picks U Saturday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

If Pete Najarian is correct, it’s going to be a happy Saturday for University of Minnesota football fans. The Minneapolis native, former U linebacker, TV personality and financial markets guru told Sports Headliners he is predicting “something like 21-17” in favor of Minnesota over Penn State in the much anticipated matchup of the two 8-0 Big Ten teams. Odds-makers have made the Nittany Lions about a touchdown favorite for the nationally televised (ABC) game at TCF Bank Stadium.

The Gophers are 11-1 since firing defensive coordinator Robb Smith following last season’s 55-31 loss to lowly Illinois. Joe Rossi, Smith’s successor, has a unit that ranks No. 13 nationally in defensive yards allowed per game, 283.8. “The improvement we’ve seen there is why we’re a better team than we were last year,” Najarian said.

Najarian, who played professionally for the Tampa Bay Bucs, also praised the offense with its many playmakers including running backs and receivers. The Gophers have outscored their last four Big Ten opponents 168 to 41.

“I think Fleck and the coaching staff have done a miraculous job,” Najarian said. “… It starts with recruiting and I think when you look at the talent levels we’ve got at the University of Minnesota right now we are comparable to so many of the schools, not only just in the Big Ten, but in the top 25 in the country. I would say we have many positions (on offense and defense), that we can easily compete with just about anybody in the country.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Haha I know people like to give him a hard time, but I do think his segments on CNBC are pretty entertaining, even if I would never trade on his advice.

I love that he's such a big supporter of the program and stayed invested even after graduating, really cool to see.

Pete was another one of my favorite Gopher players. We won him over California in a heated recruiting battle and he became a very good linebacker for us. Many people do not know that he had 20 tackles in that Nebraska debacle in 1983. He told Coach Lou Holtz later on it felt like he was running wind sprints!

I am happy to see him become a very successful financial market guru! He has done well in life.

I’m pretty sure that Pete was a freshman linebacker who missed an assignment in 1982 when Gophers were ranked 19 and leading Illinois going early in the 4th Quarter. Gophers fell apart in the fourth quarter and Smokey Joe Salem never recovered finishing 3-8 and then 1-10 in 1983.

In the past four games....the first string defense has scored more touchdowns than they've allowed. That's an absolutely wild statistic especially considering these have been conference games.

Top Bottom