East River Flats Park OPEN to tailgating for PSU Game

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, so I thought I'd call out the fact that, after two straight games of being closed due to damage caused by the Regatta, the East River Flats will be OPEN to tailgating this Saturday. Those who have tailgated on the Flats in the past know the back-and-forth that has occurred down there this week, so if you tailgate on the Flats, or want to this weekend (or hopefully the Wisconsin game), make sure and let the park board know your appreciation for it!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bunch of angry cyclists

Some of the comments are weird. I dont understand what the beef of these lunatics is. Is there a large group of people I am not aware of that congregate in this park every saturday except the weeks when they are disturbed by tailgating?

Some of the comments are weird. I dont understand what the beef of these lunatics is. Is there a large group of people I am not aware of that congregate in this park every saturday except the weeks when they are disturbed by tailgating?

Certainly not in November.

Some people are just anti-football and/or anti-tailgating.

As someone once told me, "you can find people who will complain about Mother's Day because they have to buy a card." I'm guessing a large share of these commenters have never even so much as stepped foot into the East River Flats park.

It's twitter.

Folks are conditioned on there to be as outrageous / tribalistic as possible because that is what gets attention.

It's twitter.

Folks are conditioned on there to be as outrageous / tribalistic as possible because that is what gets attention.

All social media attention is based primarily on interactions, and outrage is really good at driving interactions it turns out.

Same thing you see in a lot of news and media coverage as well. Get people angry or afraid to get their eyeballs.

All social media attention is based primarily on interactions, and outrage is really good at driving interactions it turns out.

Same thing you see in a lot of news and media coverage as well. Get people angry or afraid to get their eyeballs.

That is sadly the exact truth.

Nothing motivates people as much as anger and fear.

As someone once told me, "you can find people who will complain about Mother's Day because they have to buy a card." I'm guessing a large share of these commenters have never even so much as stepped foot into the East River Flats park.

Mother's day a long with a ton of holidays are fake scams to prop up the economy. Everyone should boycott the fake holidays.

Top Bottom