Another huge game this weekend.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
The loser of the Iowa Wisconsin game is out. It will all be a two horse race by the the end of the day. If Iowa wins that game, we could win the Big Ten West at Northwestern in two weeks.

The loser of the Iowa Wisconsin game is out. It will all be a two horse race by the the end of the day. If Iowa wins that game, we could win the Big Ten West at Northwestern in two weeks.

If Iowa beats Wisconsin we could win the Big Ten title next week by beating both Penn State and Iowa.

I was driving in the more likely lane. But, you are right, we could, and hopefully will, win both games. Good call.

I'm so torn on who I want to win this game. If Minnesota beats PSU I'm not sure I'll care too much.

However; if Minnesota loses to PSU it becomes super important:
-An Iowa win would suddenly give the Hawkeyes control of their own destiny. I don't want to go into Kinnick with their fans thinking the west is theirs for the taking.
-A Wisconsin win would mean that we cannot clinch without beating them (assuming they don't drop one to Nebraska or Purdue).
I think I would prefer the skunks winning.

It is indeed a huge game and it is an elimination game for the B1G West title. I see the challenge of beating Iowa on their field for the first time since 1999 or topping Wisconsin in the last game at home to be about equal in difficulty for the Gophers. A high level of difficulty. So, I am very interested in the outcome of that game but I can't decide who I'd rather see win it. Perhaps Wisconsin because of reasons others have stated and the fact it will be very difficult to follow up this massive game against Penn State with a trip to Iowa City 7 short days later.

I want Iowa out. Well take care of Wisconsin at home.

I'm torn on this one as for who I want to win.

We have Wisc at home, but like aside from last year we know recent history ... Wisc is fumbling around but they're still Wisc.

We have Iowa on the road, we know our history there ...

Probably best to leave it to chance ;)

I'm so torn on who I want to win this game. If Minnesota beats PSU I'm not sure I'll care too much.

However; if Minnesota loses to PSU it becomes super important:
-An Iowa win would suddenly give the Hawkeyes control of their own destiny. I don't want to go into Kinnick with their fans thinking the west is theirs for the taking.
-A Wisconsin win would mean that we cannot clinch without beating them (assuming they don't drop one to Nebraska or Purdue).
I think I would prefer the skunks winning.

Yep. Sadly, I think we need to root for Wisconsin on Saturday.

I was driving in the more likely lane. But, you are right, we could, and hopefully will, win both games. Good call.

How “Minnesotan” of you. I hope you don’t celebrate too much if the Gophers disappoint and win both games.

Wisconsin is favored by 9.5 and I expect them to win. They aren't going to lose until the Gophers beat them again in a few weeks at the bank.

Win the next 3 and we don't have to worry about Wisconsin.

FULL BANANA will assure victory over Badgers!

Beat PSU, beat Iowa, beat Northwestern, retain the Axe...and my already booked flight to Indy looks really good.

I can't root for either of these teams to win. Gun to my head? I think a wisconsin win is more beneficial to the Gophers

How “Minnesotan” of you. I hope you don’t celebrate too much if the Gophers disappoint and win both games.

We can win both games, it is just the math that stands in the way. Nonetheless, I will be delighted if we do. If I were forced to rank the BT as of right now I would be hard pressed to do so after the top two. However, if PSU has a weakness I have yet to see it. But, in no way can my thoughts affect the outcome of the game. Go Gophers!!

I was thinking about this a little bit and did not come up with any clear convictions on the IA/WI winner preference.

What I have been considering for a few days is the probability of Wisconsin getting surprised at Nebraska or vs. Purdue, or Iowa falling to Illinois or at Nebraska.

I was not really expecting much, but Nebraska might rise from the dead and play well at home and Illinois might be able to keep the momentum rolling at Iowa facing a pretty anemic offense. I think Purdue at Wisconsin is the most unlikely upset.

It would be a nice surprise if all the dominoes fell right and the Wisconsin was just for fun, and meaningless as far as the title.

Top Bottom