O'Donnell: Fleck could make big week even happier by reconciling with Joe Novak

I’m not sure why it’s important coaches like each other. This sort of thing is precisely why some coaches have learned to say absolutely nothing beyond platitudes. It’s easier to not give the media the red meat they desperately want.

These two coaches: have either reached the end of the line or are nearing the top with endless options. I don’t think either one loses any sleep over something so inconsequential. Novak was being honest and PJF has probably developed thicker skin the last many years.

What I gather from this thread is reading comprehension is tough for some people.

Something I'm surprised no one has touched on yet: Joe Novak did very well for himself at NIU, but that's where he topped out - as a head coach in the MAC. Who does he think he is to tell someone what they should and shouldn't do as a Big Ten head coach? How would he know? He knows as much about being a head coach in the Big Ten as I do.

Novak:
"Obviously he was a great athlete, just not a real big human being. But he was full of personality, full of energy and you just knew that he was going to do something."

"PJ's done one thing, he's doing it his way. And that's a smart thing. I think any coach will tell you or anybody in any profession, you get a chance to do the thing do it your way."

[Will PJ succeed?] "We'll see, I think he's got that ability. They've got to be a little bit patient it's going to take him a little bit of time. I think people will really really like him. I'd like to see him maybe tone down a little bit of the rhetoric, but that's me, I'm an old guy from the Bo Schembechler school of coaching."
If that's all it took to put PJ's nose out of joint, he's an oversensitive a$$hole.

Novak:

If that's all it took to put PJ's nose out of joint, he's an oversensitive a$$hole.

I don't know that PJ's "nose is out of joint", as far as I can tell he just has more important things to focus on, like his own team. He seems to have thick enough skin. But if he wins, he can be as sensitive as he wants.

Fleck's personality just doesn't come of as geniune to some people. The folks that know him best say otherwise so I'll take their word for it. His actions certainly speak to him being geniune. Calling him out as not being a "real human being" is a bit over the top in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom