What proves that you are a "Real" Gopher fan?

What proves your a Gopher Fan?

• My ringtone is the Rouser.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I know all the words to "Hail Minnesota"!

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I'm a multi-generational Gopher.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I can recite our football team's records for all the years of my life.

• I use Ketchup and Mustard on everything to make my food marroon and gold.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I've been a season ticket holder for over ten years.

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • I played for the Gophers.

• I've donated my body to the U after death, so I can stay on campus.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I can choose mutliple options on this poll.

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • I hate Iowa and Wisconsin, so who else would I cheer for?

Votes: 18 25.4%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Just a fun poll to break up the stress of waiting till kick-off on Saturday!

If you know the words to "Hail Minnesota" is my favorite of these answers I came up with because it means you probably never leave the stadium until the band is done with this song after the game.

Last edited:

Just a fun poll to break up the stress of waiting till kick-off on Saturday!

When you have enough extra Gopher gear to give away to friends/strangers.

You go to the games when you possibly can.

You start talking to someone in great detail about Gopher game from 20 years ago.

You've survied Gopher football in the 80's, 90's, and much of the 00's but are still committed 100%.
I could throw the 70's in, but you still at least had the recency of the 60's.

I'm loving that the color for the multiple options choice is "FULL BANANA"!!!!!

You understand the importance of a spiral
You know exactly how far a QB needs to throw the ball to have "arm strength"
You understand what * means in a win total
In the span of a few years you've followed threads on both 5-7 bowl opportunities and whether it's better to play in the CFP or Rose Bowl

I'm not picky and our bandwagon/boat has plenty of room. The more the merrier. People will pick it up as they go.

My family knows where my ashes will be sprinkled, so the donating my body to the U applies.

But for me, many of those apply. #gopher4ever

You've survied Gopher football in the 80's, 90's, and much of the 00's but are still committed 100%.

The true test

Count me in on this post! In addition, had season tickets for 8 years while living 1200 miles away. Never miss a game on tv! Travel the 1200 miles at least once a year for a game. Will be attending games at Northwestern and home against Wisconsin this year. My phone cover is a maroon M.

How about this - the TRUE Gopher fans will be back for the Iowa game even if the Gophers lose to Penn St.
They will say we have a good team and we are excited for the future of this team.
The phonies will be long gone or they will be the ones laughing at all the Gopher fans afterwards making fun of "Row the Boat."

That is how you are going to tell.

If they win.....you still won't be able to tell!!

Had to pick the last one. Living in Old Town Scottsdale there are zero Gopher bars but a few Iowa, Penn State, Nebraska (crashed the biggest Nebraska bar wearing my Gopher pullover this year) and of course Wisconsin bars. I often give those spots my middle finger on a pass by on game day.

Haven’t lived in Minnesota for 36 years and read GopherHole everyday.

How about I was born and raised in Minnesota and grew up watching the Gophers, and I’m a huge college football fan!

Also, you shouldn’t be stressed waiting for the game. Enjoy it. Soak it all in! It’s why we are fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of your first childhood memories is 84-13 and you are still a fan.

The U changed my life quite literally. A debt I can't repay. I wear the colors with humble pride.

Ski-U-Mah!

You get a little nervous regardless of the lead, regardless of how little time is left if the opposition has the ball... :)

You're probably a "true" Gopher fans if your friends think you're weird because of how faithful you are to the program.

Even though many of those same friends wouldn't miss a second of a Vikings game if their house was on fire.

But as others have said, all are welcome, I'm just hoping they stick around.

If you lived through “My heart is pumpin’, and my corpuscles are jumpin’, baby, I’ll tell ya. I’m thrilled” and you continued to buy season tickets - you are either a true fan or a masochist, or both.

Please add: In the down years, I was always guilty of doing the "we only need four more scores to catch up" math and stayed until the end of every game.

You stayed until the very end of the 55-0 Iowa loss under Brewster in the Metrdome. (That was miserable).

Please add: In the down years, I was always guilty of doing the "we only need four more scores to catch up" math and stayed until the end of every game.

I do this too. Down 24 in the fourth, I'll tell my wife, "We only need three touchdowns and were tied!"

My proof wasn't listed: I played in a high school band that performed, sort of, in the end zone seats during the Gophers Epic matchup with No 1 USC and OJ Simpson in 1968, in old memorial stadium, packed full (80,000?). The Gophers lost nobly in a close game and scored a 98 yd td on a kickoff return featuring a cross-field pass and sideline run. LOUD!! The crowd was VERY LOUD.

Go Gophers!

My proof wasn't listed: I played in a high school band that performed, sort of, in the end zone seats during the Gophers Epic matchup with No 1 USC and OJ Simpson in 1968, in old memorial stadium, packed full (80,000?). The Gophers lost nobly in a close game and scored a 98 yd td on a kickoff return featuring a cross-field pass and sideline run. LOUD!! The crowd was VERY LOUD.

Go Gophers!

Username fit.

This was basketball, but as a kid, whenever the Gophers lost I would tear up. EVERY TIME. My family started calling me gopherguy when I was very young. My birthday list every year would consist of Gopher stuff. I've been a huge football fan now for a long time (I swear my heart still hurts from the Michigan loss in 2003), but that came because of my obsession with Gopher basketball.

Can't wait to be there on Saturday.

Top Bottom