Reusse: Gophers are latest targets of the 'Prove It' sect of Minnesota fans

Reusse may not be quite to Samuel Clemen’s level of notoriety but he is also a shrewd observer of the human animal and what makes them tick...and he particularly enjoys poking the gopher fan

Reusse may not be quite to Samuel Clemen’s level of notoriety but he is also a shrewd observer of the human animal and what makes them tick...and he particularly enjoys poking the gopher fan

No doubt that's true, but he also fails an incredibly high percentage of the time. The overwhelming majority of responses to any one of his tweets or "poking" comments is to call him a troll and a jerk. He doesn't really ever "hook" anyone. So, yeah, he enjoys trying to poke gopher fans, but he's really bad at that, or he's gone to the well too many times.

Don't forget - he also named PJ Fleck as his "Turkey of the Year" last year. Then the Gophers ripped off 10 wins in a row!!!
He is part of the problem - not the solution - around here.

If the Gophers come up short this Saturday I am sure he will gleefully attack the program and Fleck.

Exactly. He is predictably negative and should just go away.

Exactly. He is predictably negative and should just go away.

Why should he go away? Because he is negative or because he doesn’t like PJ? Trying to figure out what sets you over the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll never forget Heather calling him out for being an angry old man, and him having some stupid 1 word retort as he retreated back into his shell.

Last edited:

Pat's been pretty quiet lately regarding the Gopher football program.

He's not even a good writer though.....

He is right. There are plenty of prove it type "fans" many whom have been let down by the Gophers in the past. Its real.

I happen to be a long term season ticket holder; both a true fan and a prove it type. A big W Saturday will go a long way to get my attitude adjusted.

He is right. There are plenty of prove it type "fans" many whom have been let down by the Gophers in the past. Its real.

I happen to be a long term season ticket holder; both a true fan and a prove it type. A big W Saturday will go a long way to get my attitude adjusted.

Long time fan myself. I'm going into this game with very high hopes but also tempering my expectations. I hope I learned from the 2003 Michigan debacle. I built that game up in my head so much (along with other Gopher fans) that the subsequent let down was massive. I didn't realize at the time that nobody would remember that Michigan loss if Minnesota would have taken care of business the rest of the year and at least tied for the conference championship. Same goes this year.

Correction: the long-view MN sports fans are not but 2.65%; its 3.01 %.

Top Bottom