Minnesota OC Kirk Ciarrocca: Gophers 'got to do what we do' against strong Penn State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Paul:

Minnesota is gearing up for its toughest test of the season, but offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca is not about to drastically shake things up just for a new opponent.

Saturday’s game is shaping up to be a good one with a strong Gophers run game going against an elite Penn State rush defense. Minnesota enters the game while averaging over 200 rushing yards per game and 4.4 yards per carry. On the other side of the ball, the Nittany Lion defense is allowing just 68.9 yards per game with 2.0 yards per carry.

“Again, we’re going to do what we do and try to create a favorable matchups as you can,” explained Ciarrocca.

“But they’re really good. So without getting into the overall strategy of it, if you’re coming into this game expecting to see a different offense, you’re not. You’re going to be disappointed. You’re going to see what we do, and what you’ve seen over the course of my three years here with it, but they create some very big challenges for us…”

https://saturdaytradition.com/minne...what-we-do-against-strong-penn-state-defense/

Go Gophers!!

"Pound The Rock!"

They have a strong run defense; we have a big, powerful o-line and excellent running backs. It will be a clash of strength vs. strength. May the best team win!

After reading Ciarsocca's comments...

...if I was a player (for either team) in this game, I'd make damn sure my chinstrap was securely fastened.

Pads will be popping.

After reading Ciarsocca's comments...

...if I was a player (for either team) in this game, I'd make damn sure my chinstrap was securely fastened.

Pads will be popping.

Like Frost said, Gophs are a very tough team. They hit really hard. Look at the injuries we’ve been causing every game for opposing teams. I see 1-5 players for opposing teams go down with an injury per game against us. Not sure Penn State has faced a team as fired up as this Gopher team this season. Not to mention, they’re trying to get back at the media and the college football talking heads for not taking them seriously. Not to mention they’re aware they have to earn respect. I’ve never seen a hungrier Gopher football team than this one we have now. I bet Penn State, even though they’ve been forewarned, will sleep on us. And they’ll end up regretting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We're gonna do what we do" doesn't mean we've run every play in the playbook yet. I bet we see some trick plays in the game or some new formations.

Top Bottom