Tired of.....

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
As we all get pumped for game day and it’s results...

I’m just simply TIRED of hearing, reading and watching all the “experts” on how we haven’t played no body and haven’t been tested and how PSU will win this game! TIRED!

Just want Saturday to come so our Gophers can shut all the haters and doubters up!

Can’t wait for our running back jam yards down their “amazing best defense” throats and our defense to intercept and sack their asses!

C’MON!! Leeeeeeee’GOOOO

**** why is it only Wednesday

We do need this win! I feel like if we can get over the hump...it’ll be smooth sailing to Pasadena!

We will need a lot of points to have a fair chance at this win. Here's hoping.

Are there more people that downplay our success or more people that bitch nonstop about the few that do. This may be the most sensitive fan base in the World.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there more people that downplay our success or more people that bitch nonstop about the few that do. This may be the most sensitive fan base in the World.

And some complain about the complainers! ;)

Only one way to get that respect. Beat PSU.

I’d love to win, for our players, for our coach, for our loyal fans, but also for those Minnesotans that are always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

As we all get pumped for game day and it’s results...

I’m just simply TIRED of hearing, reading and watching all the “experts” on how we haven’t played no body and haven’t been tested and how PSU will win this game! TIRED!

Just want Saturday to come so our Gophers can shut all the haters and doubters up!

Can’t wait for our running back jam yards down their “amazing best defense” throats and our defense to intercept and sack their asses!

C’MON!! Leeeeeeee’GOOOO

**** why is it only Wednesday

Can you really blame them? Most of the predictions over in the media thread have Penn State winning a close game which is totally reasonable given they are the #5 team in the country and a legit contender for the college football playoffs right now. Heck, stop and really think about that. The number 5 team in the country is less then a TD favorite against us, that tells you something right there about how far we have come.

Our schedule to this point has not been overly tough from an opponent standpoint but to the teams credit they have done what they needed to do and found a way to win each week. Now we get the chance to find out where we are really at in this journey because the degree of difficulty will be going way up over the next 4 weeks. I like our chances in all the games if we play well, just have to tee it up and see what happens.

It's inception-level complaining.

And I dont disagree with Spoofin, this is a very sensitive fan base. Barreiro is spot on when he roasts us for it.

Will Barreiro et al have to come up with a new schtick if the Gophers keep winning?

Will they still be playing the, "TOUCHDOWNNNNNN... JACKRABBITS!!!!" sounder?

Will they still be playing, "GO, GO, GOPHERS, WATCH 'EM GO, GO, GO"...?

The schtick is the main thing with those guys. I get that. But is it possible the schtick may have to change, or they'll risk becoming the butt of the joke themselves? They could become a self-parody.

we played them in 2016...in their place...in front of 95,000 plus..
they were big ten champs that year, beat #2 Ohio State, beat a #6 Badger team in conf champ game and went to Rose Bowl ranked 5 in nation..we were up three with 54 seconds left...up three in overtime...

Winfield, Smith, Brooks, Barber, Martin, DeLattiboudere, Tyler, Herbers, Witham, Coughlin, Renner, Devers, Howard, Durr, Kiondre, Seth, Kieft, Olson, Schlueter, Geary, Swenson were all part of that team. They know they can go toe to toe with PSU....

St Juste was on Michigan team that beat Penn State...DewTreadway on ND, Williamson on Florida were in cultures that believed they could beat anybody

Faalele and Dunlap and the Annexstads played with a bunch of their stars at IMG...they know we can matchup...Bateman knows he belongs on field with the best...Andries was offered by Penn State, he knows he matches up, Douglas's dad put up 193 yards vs PSU...he'll believe he can compete...Schmitz is your buddy who will pick a fight with the baddest guy in the bar, and kick his ass

Morgan thinks he can beat anybody, anywhere with any time on the clock...in Camp Randall, 4th and long in Fresno, 3rd and whole field to go late, late fourth...

Last edited:

Not being from here the fan base seems wounded, skeptical.

Will Barreiro et al have to come up with a new schtick if the Gophers keep winning?

Will they still be playing the, "TOUCHDOWNNNNNN... JACKRABBITS!!!!" sounder?

Will they still be playing, "GO, GO, GOPHERS, WATCH 'EM GO, GO, GO"...?

The schtick is the main thing with those guys. I get that. But is it possible the schtick may have to change, or they'll risk becoming the butt of the joke themselves? They could become a self-parody.

They will change it. They already have a lot. They did with the Twins this year as well. They aren’t always on one side - their job is to create conversation. They rip when they should and typically don’t when they shouldn’t.

Win or lose, as long as we keep it close, one thing everyone will have to admit is that we have won EVERY game we were supposed to, and we are NOT supposed to beat PSU, and for the most part, easily. If it's a win, do we become the favorite to win our last 3 games? If we keep it close, will our odds to beat either Iowa or Wisconsin go up? I'm asking this because those might end up more games we are supposed to win?

In last 9 games vs P5 teams, we are 8-1 and outscored them, 332-131. We were only supposed to win 7 of those games as I believe we were the underdogs vs Georgia St?

Since our new OC came in, we are 11-1, with easy wins over Wisconsin and Georgia Tech. Only loss was to the Big West Champs.

I'm just pointing out, we are doing something that Minnesota teams have struggled to do in the past, and that is to win games we were supposed to win. We needed big upsets just to make up for our ugly losses. Now we are needing a big upset to get into the CFP discussion. Big difference.

I'm totally in Al Davis mode with the Gophers!

Just Win Baby!!

Go Gophers!

Win or lose, as long as we keep it close, one thing everyone will have to admit is that we have won EVERY game we were supposed to, and we are NOT supposed to beat PSU, and for the most part, easily. If it's a win, do we become the favorite to win our last 3 games? If we keep it close, will our odds to beat either Iowa or Wisconsin go up? I'm asking this because those might end up more games we are supposed to win?

In last 9 games vs P5 teams, we are 8-1 and outscored them, 332-131. We were only supposed to win 7 of those games as I believe we were the underdogs vs Georgia St?

Since our new OC came in, we are 11-1, with easy wins over Wisconsin and Georgia Tech. Only loss was to the Big West Champs.

I'm just pointing out, we are doing something that Minnesota teams have struggled to do in the past, and that is to win games we were supposed to win. We needed big upsets just to make up for our ugly losses. Now we are needing a big upset to get into the CFP discussion. Big difference.

I’m assuming you meant Georgia Tech, not Georgia State, because we were definitely favored against Talon’s team.

Weren’t we also underdogs at home against Purdue last season?

They will change it. They already have a lot. They did with the Twins this year as well. They aren’t always on one side - their job is to create conversation. They rip when they should and typically don’t when they shouldn’t.

A great example if them changing was the RPI game they played with the basketball team. During one of the really bad seasons, they rattled off a bunch of really bad teams and tried to guess who had a lower RPI, them or the Gophers. Then, when the Gophers had a really good start, they played the same game, except they were rattling off blue blood programs and guessing whether they had a higher RPI then the Gophers.

It was entertaining for my drive home both times.

Top Bottom