My Advice: Enter the Gates Early

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
It is always my goal to get settled into my seat at least 25 minutes prior to kickoff in order to see the band's pregame show. At a typical game, that means getting in line for security at least 45 minutes before kickoff. However, cold weather games add another 10-15 minutes to the line - as people are carrying more in and the security people ask for people to unzip their coats. Sellouts take the longest. The first reason is obvious; more people. The 2nd reason is: people that are unfamiliar with the screening and entry process. They bring in bag that are too big or bring in stuff they're not supposed to and just generally slow everything up. Of course the worst are games in which we host Iowa or Wisconsin as their fans get outraged when they can't bring in huge bags or banners or whatever.

So, long story short, as someone who has been to EVERY home game at TCF Bank Stadium, my advice is to enter the line for security at least 40 minutes prior to when you want your butt in its seat (and maybe add another 5 minutes if you want to grab some concessions on your way to your seat).

I suspect that it means a lot to the guys in Maroon and Gold when they storm onto the field to a full stadium. Let's help them out.

Go Gophers!

Good advice. We don't want to miss a minute of this.

Very good advice. I've rarely had an issue with Gate B but the Nebraska game was the exception. Got in line 30 minutes before kickoff and didn't get to my seat until the 1st play of scrimmage for the game.

This needs to be bumped constantly. My advice is to plan to enter the stadium an hour before kickoff. Go have a beer in the open end. Take your time, get to your seat about a half hour before kickoff and enjoy the band. Take a glance at the sea of people standing in line waiting to get in.

It is always my goal to get settled into my seat at least 25 minutes prior to kickoff in order to see the band's pregame show. At a typical game, that means getting in line for security at least 45 minutes before kickoff. However, cold weather games add another 10-15 minutes to the line - as people are carrying more in and the security people ask for people to unzip their coats. Sellouts take the longest. The first reason is obvious; more people. The 2nd reason is: people that are unfamiliar with the screening and entry process. They bring in bag that are too big or bring in stuff they're not supposed to and just generally slow everything up. Of course the worst are games in which we host Iowa or Wisconsin as their fans get outraged when they can't bring in huge bags or banners or whatever.

So, long story short, as someone who has been to EVERY home game at TCF Bank Stadium, my advice is to enter the line for security at least 40 minutes prior to when you want your butt in its seat (and maybe add another 5 minutes if you want to grab some concessions on your way to your seat).

I suspect that it means a lot to the guys in Maroon and Gold when they storm onto the field to a full stadium. Let's help them out.

Go Gophers!

I'll probably park in St. Paul and take the light rail over. Downtown St. Paul is pretty dead on Saturday mornings, so traffic and parking hassles should be avoided that way.

This needs to be bumped constantly. My advice is to plan to enter the stadium an hour before kickoff. Go have a beer in the open end. Take your time, get to your seat about a half hour before kickoff and enjoy the band. Take a glance at the sea of people standing in line waiting to get in.

Yep.

I don't understand why everyone does not take this approach. Having a beer in a stadium watching football on a Saturday is really a great time. I've gone to many games of losing teams (I was a TWolves season ticket holder too), and I've never regretted going to a game.

Get there early, support the the team, relax and enjoy. This is fun. We are playing a nationally meaningful football game in November.

great advice! Very true. As you say there will be a lot of people that don't normally attend Gopher games, bringing in any number of things that are no longer allowed and that is a potent mixture with everyone wearing winter gear. On top of all that the early start means a higher likelihood people will not be spread out with some arriving earlier.

Being forced to leave the River Flats lot and park at the fairgrounds last time led to the discovery that the entrance but the student section goes really fast.

Top Bottom