Game Day Attire (HELP!)

Is this a game where insulated jeans plus long underwear will do? I see some people saying snow pants or track pants over jeans. PS... I am going to the game now! Found someone to go finally.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I really think it comes down to wind. If it's 38 and calm/dry and you tend to be active at the game, I don't think your clothing has to be too crazy.

Just a suggestion wear the coat and buy one of the cheap maroon rain parkas at Goldy's.

Goldy wife beater tee shirt, running shorts, and flip flops. You should be fine.

It's going to be 40 degrees on Saturday!! Barely even qualifies as a cold weather game, we are supposed to be Minnesotans

Welcome to Minnesota!

Looked over all of the replies and I agree. Someone mentioned hand warmers which are key in my opinion. One trick that I caught onto a couple of years ago is to take one of the warmers and put it behind your neck. This helps with the core. You will be much more comfortable.

Haven’t read this thread.

I’m wearing: boots, gopher socks, maroon khakis with long underwear underneath, maroon sweatshirt, maroon jacket, maroon winter hat, maroon gloves. MAROOOOOON

One tip, make sure your shoes aren't too tight with double wool socks.
Make sure you have boots that are loose enough for the sock and footwarmers if you slip them in and still have good circulation.

A good way to stay warm is to wear a pair of snow pants.

If I was really worried about cold, I would go thermal underwear (like a tight Under Armour athletic type) pair of heavier jeans, then snow pants.

Top:
Tight T-shirt
Longsleeve t-shirt
Possibly another heavier layer
then hoodie with heavy coat / parka.
Stocking hat and scarf.
A collection of handwarmers.

I've played outdoor football in zero degree weather with just a long sleeve sweatshirt and snow pants and stayed warm, but movement makes a big difference.
Standing on cold cement is another issue.

You can also grab some winter Gopher gear (stocking cap, scarf, etc) at the Goldy's store right at TCF or the location in Stadium Village, which is minutes from TCF.

This isn't like the Wisconsin/MN game a few years ago where it was like 12 degrees at Kickoff. I get cold affects people different, but if you layer properly, you'll be just fine.

I wore a sweatshirt, long underwear, jeans and a light Patagonia better sweater to the Nebraska game this year and was just fine.

When I was stationed in Miami, I laughed at the locals wearing sweaters when it was 60 degrees. A year later, I was wearing a sweater in 60 degree weather, so I remember that changes in weather can take some adjustment. I'd wear an extra pair of socks. And a pair of long underwear. If you don't have any long underwear, and don't want to buy any, use a pair of sweatpants. Bring the coat. If you want to wear maroon, you can put the coat back on if you get too cold. Cheap gloves and a knit cap help. And buy some cocoa or hot chocolate. Last time I had some, they gave you a cool reusable cup. It let out just enough heat to keep your hands warm.

I have a thick North Face coat but it is beige, I sure as hell don't want to be 'that guy' who doesn't support the maroon out.
But I also don't want to die of frost bite lol.

Not getting frost bite >>> supporting the maroon out. Wear your winter jacket regardless of the color, I will definitely be wearing mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this a game where insulated jeans plus long underwear will do? I see some people saying snow pants or track pants over jeans. PS... I am going to the game now! Found someone to go finally.

I do fine with just insulated jeans. It looks like 30s which isnt too bad. I do fine Until it drops below 25 or so

Here is what I plan to wear. I can guarantee you that the only part of me that will get cold is my toes.

2 pairs wool socks
Winter boots
Long underwear
Jeans
Snow pants
T-Shirt
Long-sleeve T-shirt
Hooded sweatshirt
GOphers parka
Gloves
Winter cap

You will definitely need a jacket. IMHO, don't worry about the Maroon out. Put your comfort first.

Jeans are a bad call. You need some cords or something.

Jeans are a bad call. You need some cords or something.
Just got me some fleece-lined khakis. Super comfy.

Latest forecast: High in the low 40s. 5-10 mph wind.

Summer weather!

Wear real maroon, not the purplish "Chicago Maroon", the Gophers have adopted of recent years, maybe because the marching band thought Real Maroon (a brownish red, not purplish) too bland.

Return to Greatness; return to Real Maroon!

Wear real maroon, not the purplish "Chicago Maroon", the Gophers have adopted of recent years, maybe because the marching band thought Real Maroon (a brownish red, not purplish) too bland.

Brownish red? Sounds ugly.

That's Iowa State. That's what the new basketball court looks like.

Hard no, for me.

If you are coming in from Cali....you may not be prepped for the cold weather. But I dont want to make assumptions....especially if you are a native Minnesotan. I'm going to wear a t-shirt, thin hoodie, and light jacket. Shorts and sweatpants on the bottom. Definitely going to prep for the feet. The cold concrete can be a factor after a while....but with high 30's.....low 40's.....I'm not super concerned about my body temperature. Probably a good idea to plan ahead and bring warm gear with. Or better yet....a credit card. Nothing I like more than buying some new gear from Goldy's Locker Room. But.....I have an outrageous amount of maroon and gold gear now. Not to mention that my car is maroon. [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom