Liberty Bell

Order of trophy's:

Pig and Axe
Jug
Broken Chair
Bell

Bingo. The chair has such a cool story behind it with the children's hospitals, the way the trophy came to be, etc. I wish both schools would embrace it because I think both fan bases have already.

How dare all of you come in here and disrespect one of the finest manufacturer traveling trophies in all of the land!

The Victory Bell is a fine trophy and we should be lucky to consider it ours should we beat Penn State.

I can't wait to see our team run across the field to grab it and possibly break it once again!

I remember years ago when we won and broke it.

The bell isn't what the other trophies are but for that team that needed a good win, it was something worthwhile.

That was like our 4th straight win as double digit underdogs if I remember. Fun times.

No. The JUG is the best college football trophy outside of the Heisman.

The story behind it is the coolest. But the rivalry isn't the same as the other two. Maybe after we beat them in 3-4 B1G championships...

For me the Bell ranks far behind the Jug, Floyd, the Axe and the Chair. The way it was developed more "forced" than authentic, and there was very little history there. Not only does the Chair have a great origin, Minnesota and Nebraska also played quite a few games.

With that said, maybe the trophy just needs more time. Of course it's already been more than 20 years, but compared to three of our other trophies, it's still relatively young. Maybe in another 20 years it will have a bit more value.

Top Bottom