Paul Finebaum: MN controls its own Destiny

Can we not do Finebaum hot takes.

Like no **** we control our own destiny...

mep3017, you need to apologize to this man for sharing new Gopher football-related information on this Gopher football-themed message board.

mep3017, you need to apologize to this man for sharing new Gopher football-related information on this Gopher football-themed message board.

^^^
dpo, your post right here, these are the kinds of posts you're famous for, and which add, literally ZERO, to the forum. They make GH a worse place.

*shaking my head*

I don't know about anyone else, but I think this the first time in my major Gopher football fandom (about 23 years) that Minnesota has been mentioned AT ALL in the CFP and BCS discussions. It's fun. I'll ride the wave as long as it's here.

Waits for apology...

giphy.gif

You get what he was saying though, right? That just because a team finishes unbeaten doesn't mean that they will make the playoff, but if Minnesota finishes unbeaten they will, because of the teams they will have to play for the rest of the season. Baylor, for instance, could win out and not make the playoff.

I think it's a valid point for him to make, especially to the people watching the broadcast who live in places like East Buttwater WI and Spitmud IA.

^^^
dpo, your post right here, these are the kinds of posts you're famous for, and which add, literally ZERO, to the forum. They make GH a worse place.

*shaking my head*

Lighten up, it's sarcasm...I chuckled.

You get what he was saying though, right? That just because a team finishes unbeaten doesn't mean that they will make the playoff, but if Minnesota finishes unbeaten they will, because of the teams they will have to play for the rest of the season. Baylor, for instance, could win out and not make the playoff.

I think it's a valid point for him to make, especially to the people watching the broadcast who live in places like East Buttwater WI and Spitmud IA.

Agree completely. I personally have no issues with Finebaum. On his SEC show he’s obviously an SEC homer out of necessity but on others he’s far from an SEC shill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree completely. I personally have no issues with Finebaum. On his SEC show he’s obviously an SEC homer out of necessity but on others he’s far from an SEC shill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually catch myself staring at his ears...is it me or are they disproportionately large?

It's absolutely a valid point.

As long as the Gophers keep winning, the polls do not matter.

It's absolutely a valid point.

As long as the Gophers keep winning, the polls do not matter.

Yep. Win em all and the Gophers can be no worse than 2nd overall behind a possible undefeated Bama or LSU. Nobody else could match.

Conceptual discussions like these always kind of show why the CFP should be expanded. If an undefeated Big Ten or Big 12 champion could be left out of the playoffs, there's something wrong here. Undefeated Group of Five, I think they deserve some kind of shot but if they don't make it, fine. But a Power 5 team runs the table and doesn't make the playoff? No way. Imagine a couple years ago if that Wisconsin team went undefeated, defeated Ohio State, and got left out, only to win their bowl game. Having any Power Five team go 14-0 without a national championship opportunity just seems absurd.

Thanks for the good chuckle!

Top Bottom