Any Confirmation on Gophers taking the WARM sideline?

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
This seems like the obvious game to switch sidelines.

Has anything been announced?

They made an announcement that nothing would change during his Joe Sensers appearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems like the obvious game to switch sidelines.

Has anything been announced?

"I challenge any team in the country that wants to go ahead and schedule this one in November," coach Urban Meyer said. 2014 about playing in Minnesota.

Why would we admit it is cold? It is an edge. Switching says we are weak.

Check out one of the Gopher senior managers who always wears shorts on the field during the game. You think that guy won't walk by their bench whistling the Rouser?

Maybe they don't think the sideline matters much and want to take away a potential way people can downplay a win.

I don't think it's supposed to be very sunny on Saturday, so I don't think there will be much of a difference.

They have said they might do it for years and never have.

IMO staring into the day star is the downside of a switch.

I thought it was a combination of temps and sunshine, the latter being a very definite game condition.

It looks like cloudy for sure on Saturday.

1. It's going to be raining/snowing so I don't think either sideline will be warmer than the other.

2. We are Minnesotans. Man up.

3. Some of us have paid good money specifically to sit behind the gophers bench. Let's not alienate the few fans that have stuck it out through all the sh!tty years.

4. Why would you change? They are undefeated at home this year, who in their right mind would start making changes?

Hopefully the wind is whisking in through the open part of the stadium right into the Penn State sidelines causing them all to get cold and watery eyeballs making it impossible for them to play.

PJ stated they’ve been doing studies at the stadium to find out if there is any statistical evidence to changing. I’m sure we will never know the results of their findings though.

Pardon my ignorance, but why do they need to let season ticket holders know?

I assume it is a courtesy for both the fans and the other team to let them know there is going to be a change. Would guess it is more for the opposing team then the fans in case they want to prepare differently at all in terms of what gear they bring to the stadium.

In addition to other factors that have been mentioned specific to the conditions expected on Saturday, I would think another big factor in not switching would be superstition and especially routine. Football teams rely very heavily on routine in how they go about things, heading into a big game, changing your game day routine doesn't make a lot of sense.

Players and coaches are used to being on the pressbox sideline at home, used to the perspective and layout, which way to look for play calls, where to run when coming off the field. Sure those might seem like little things but the fewer other things the players need to think about the more they can focus on the game itself.

It is going to be cloudy. Non issue.

1. It's going to be raining/snowing so I don't think either sideline will be warmer than the other.

3. Some of us have paid good money specifically to sit behind the gophers bench. Let's not alienate the few fans that have stuck it out through all the sh!tty years.

4. Why would you change? They are undefeated at home this year, who in their right mind would start making changes?

I sit in 140.

I wouldn't mind a switch so I could see their faces once in a while ;)

But yean #4.... don't mess with that stuff.

I sit in 246 and find this a strange line of thinking.

The fans on the opposite/north side of the pay the exact same amount as the south side (excluding the DQ club up top). What about those fans? Wouldn't it be nice if the band actually faced them for once? That was my issue back when I had season tickets on the north side. Same price for fewer benefits.

The fans on the opposite/north side of the pay the exact same amount as the south side (excluding the DQ club up top). What about those fans? Wouldn't it be nice if the band actually faced them for once? That was my issue back when I had season tickets on the north side. Same price for fewer benefits.

If you want that benefit then switch sidelines yourself or don't complain about it. Some of us specifically chose the "shady" side and have sat in cold seats for years because we chose to sit on the gopher side, the home side the side of the gophers bench. If you chose the north side then you chose that for other reasons and those were your own pros and cons that lead to that decision and in my opinion a stupid one because I like sitting behind the gopher bench.

What the hell is this?

You guys over there get back to your turnips!

Excellent side angle view from row 2. Still a stupid thing to care about.

Why did you choose where your seats were? Probably cost? I could be dumb like you and say that's a stupid thing to care about but maybe cost was more important than anything else to YOU and not stupid to YOU.

One of our top reasons was to be behind the gopher bench. Don't want to be behind the visitors bench. Just like in baseball where you can specifically buy tickets to be above a certain teams dugout. Or in basketball where you can buy to be behind a certain teams bench. We specifically chose our seats to be behind the gopher bench. This isn't really that hard to understand is it?

A certain Former Gopher knows a little something about making other teams fear the cold!

Get Bud to do the coin flip in his Gopher attire!

I'm hoping it's cold, real cold!

I chose my seats on the basis of wanting to be on the Gophers' side of the field, specifically to be away from any designated visitors seating. Having been near large groups of road fans at the Dome as a single game ticket buyer, it wasn't something I wanted to experience regularly at the new stadium. Keep them far away. They're under gap between the smaller video board and where the suite/club/press box tower begins, a position also chosen because there was no donation required, and there still isn't, and there is a view of the main video board, Williams Arena, Mariucci Arena, campus, and downtown.

If the Gophers switch sides on Saturday, and there is no indication that anything of the sort is in play, I won't be upset at all, but it would seem like an unnecessary stunt on the Gophers' part that could have little benefit due to the sun being unlikely to shine and potentially be disorienting in the way you feel if you switch sides of the bed with whoever you share it with or end up in the passenger seat of your own car instead of driving. Just stick to the south sideline as usual. This isn't like going on the road. This is a big change in your own stadium. That's not something to do out of nowhere for the biggest game in many decades.

Screw it if it gives us an edge. Bottlebass wants to look at the backside of Gopher Players not Penn State players. He paid good money for that.

Screw it if it gives us an edge. Bottlebass wants to look at the backside of Gopher Players not Penn State players. He paid good money for that.

Is that so wrong?

PJ stated they’ve been doing studies at the stadium to find out if there is any statistical evidence to changing. I’m sure we will never know the results of their findings though.

Good one!

At 8-0 the Gophs naturally generate all the heat they need so it doesn't matter...

Top Bottom