Best bars in Dinkytown to watch game?

Maverick_52

Reaction score
Looking for a good spot to watch the game Saturday but not too familiar with Dinkytown.. any recommendations?

If it were 1996 I'd say Fowl Play or BWW but are they even there any more?

Sally's probably has the best TVs.
KK has the best scenery.
Upstairs at Burrito Loco is a sneaky good place to actually chill and watch a game.

I'd actually recommend you go to seven corners...Corner Bar. Lots of room and TVs. Town Hall Brewery and Republic are steps away for serious craft beer. Republic has 100+ taps...but no TVs.

Last edited:

While it is technically not Dinkytown, TCF Bank Stadium is the best, and cheapest, bar to watch the game on Saturday.
Ticket: $71 + Pint of your favorite booze: $15 + Soda mixer: $5 + Hot Dog: $5 + One beer when the pint runs out: $9 = $105

I would be amazed if you could spend 4 hours at a bar and spend less than $105.

If anything from 7 Corners to University Village is fair game, I’d echo Corner Bar in 7C.

Not technically dinkytown but Macs Industrial is awesome. Recently moved (across from Surdyks)

People may snicker, but I've watched games at My Burger before. Great burgers, Surly on tap, and a fuzzy projection screen for the game. Plus, you're close enough to hear the stadium crowd noise. Fun little place if Sally's isn't your scene. For the first quarter at least...

Not technically dinkytown but Macs Industrial is awesome. Recently moved (across from Surdyks)

I haven't been to the new Mac's location. I always liked the old one because of the huge parking lot right behind it. (that was open and free to park in). Is the new location about the same size? Do they have the same number of taps and great beer selection? I would assume, the same menu too?

I haven't been to the new Mac's location. I always liked the old one because of the huge parking lot right behind it. (that was open and free to park in). Is the new location about the same size? Do they have the same number of taps and great beer selection? I would assume, the same menu too?

I've been to macs several times, never knew they had a large parking lot. I remember small one off to side I think I only got spot at once. SON OF A

Its significantly larger, nicer and with way more TVs. Lot of beers available, same menu. I usually park on the street for $1.

We pre-game at Mac's for most Gopher events. Not as busy as bars on campus but still fun.

To the original question

Sally's is technically stadium village, but I'm assuming that is nit picking at this point

Stubs doesn't have great TV's, but I like that bar the best.

Corner bar is a solid choice that isn't far

But mostly I agree with, TCF. Get your butt in seat

This. It would probably be cheaper in the long run. I know first hand how expensive watching a four hour football game can get at a bar.

Have you ever got beers at a stadium before? I think you'd be longing for the $7.50 tap beers at a bar.

Blarney's is a good spot to watch the game in dinkytown.

Top Bottom