help please

Reaction score
Do crossover games count towards your division record and winning your division? Team 1 loses both crossover games and loses to one division team. Team 2 in same division only has 1 division loss to team 1 and two crossover wins Who wins the division?

Winning the division is based on your record against ALL nine Big Ten games you play during the regular season.

Hope that helps

Head to head is first

There have been occasional calls for this to change to make the division champion determined based on intra-divisional games only with the idea that this would be a more fair measure since the overall strength of schedule can vary quite a bit based on cross-overs. I know I have seen DiNardo bring it up periodically on BTN. I don't think those efforts have ever gotten anywhere.

There have been occasional calls for this to change to make the division champion determined based on intra-divisional games only with the idea that this would be a more fair measure since the overall strength of schedule can vary quite a bit based on cross-overs. I know I have seen DiNardo bring it up periodically on BTN. I don't think those efforts have ever gotten anywhere.

This would make more sense because then you're talking 6 common opponents. Crossover games are fun though.

This would make more sense because then you're talking 6 common opponents. Crossover games are fun though.

So then what would be the point of playing crossover games? They'd basically count the same as noncon games.

So then what would be the point of playing crossover games? They'd basically count the same as noncon games.

Helps ranking, fun for fans. I don't disagree that it makes them less important but it does make the final standings equal.

It would be amazing to see that happen ... but only after Neb and Wisc get the short end of the stick, but not when we did...

I think it should be based on your record against Illinois.

In terms of winning the division, yes.

To be honest, none of the East teams are that interesting to me. It's cool to play Michigan for the Jug, but it's not a fair matchup because of the size of their program compared to ours. Same goes for Penn St and Ohio State.

Michigan State and Indiana don't do anything for me. Maryland and Rutgers are new, but we've played Maryland every year so at least they're familiar.

It would be amazing to see that happen ... but only after Neb and Wisc get the short end of the stick, but not when we did...

Has there been a division champ that didn't have the best division record?

I'm against any format that makes games less meaningful.

Top Bottom